Debra S. Hill
- O: (904) 565-2675
- M: (904) 612-3780
- F: (904) 800-1329
- E: email@example.com
- Cincinnati, Cleveland, Columbus and Naples Offices
Please send all direct mail and courier service to Ms. Hill’s Jacksonville Office:
4600 Touchton Road, Suite 150, Building 100
Jacksonville, FL 32246
- General Corporate
- Intellectual Property
- US District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- US District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- Case Western Reserve University, J.D., 1991
- Kent State University, M.A., 1986
- Kent State University, B.A., 1983
- Arthur Treacher’s, Inc, General Counsel
- Her experience in franchising is comprehensive. She represents clients in FDD & document preparation, state registrations, dealership arrangements, co-branding, franchise compliance, real estate negotiations, acquisitions, vendor agreements, franchise advertising compliance, and franchise litigation monitoring.
- Debra represents clients in trade protection matters including trademark registration, non-competition agreements, NDAs, trade secret protection, unfair competition law and proprietary product protection.
- She routinely assists start up franchise companies develop franchise systems.
- Debra routinely assists developed franchise companies with franchisee compliance, annual registrations and trade protection.
- Debra acts as General Counsel for small to midsize clients.
- Recognized in Who’s Who in American Law, Who’s Who in America and Who’s Who of American Women.
- Recognized as a “Legal Eagle” in northeast Florida by Jacksonville Magazine 904.
- Selected as a Membership Committee Member by the ABA Forum on Franchising.
- Selected as an Editorial Board Member for the Florida Bar Journal by the Florida Bar.
- Former Chair of the Jacksonville Bar Franchise Committee
- Former Trustee of the Jacksonville Chamber of Commerce
- AVVO rating 10
- Martindale Hubbell AV Preeminent rating.
- “Protect Yourself. Negotiate Tenant Friendly Lease Provisions” – FranchiseExpo.com
- “Is Fractional Franchising A Good Idea” – FranchiseExpo.com
- “Take Another Look At That Lease” – Expert Source, Jacksonville Business Journal
- “Wanna Know A Secret” – Expert Source, Jacksonville Business Journal
- “Proceed With Caution” – Expert Source, Jacksonville Business Journal
- “Job Losses Spark Ownership Spirit” – Expert Source, Jacksonville Business Journal
- “Profitability Is Just The Beginning” – Expert Source, Jacksonville Business Journal
- “Scope of Franchise Law Goes Beyond Fast Food Restaurants” – Author, Jacksonville Business Journal
Presentations and Speaking Engagements
- “Exploring Entrepreneurial Options: Buying An Existing Business” – Presenter, Small Business Resource Conference
- “ABCs of Contracts CLE: Ethics and Business Contracts” – Presenter, National Business Institute
- “ABCs of Contracts CLE: Competition Issues” – Presenter, National Business Institute
- “Negotiating A Commercial Lease” – Presenter, Entrepreneur’s Law School, University of North Florida, Business Resource Center
- “Advantages and Pitfalls in Buying an Existing Business” – Presenter, Jacksonville Chamber of Commerce LaunchPad
- “Starting a Business” – Presenter, Jacksonville Chamber of Commerce LaunchPad
- “Franchising” – Presenter, Jacksonville Business Expo 2010
- Contracts Law Professor, Director of the Municipal Clinic – Florida Coastal School of Law
- Duval Audubon Society – Board Member & Director
- Shakti Life Kitchen – Board Member
- Friends of Jacksonville Animals – Foster Volunteer
Ms. Hill’s Jacksonville Office: 4600 Touchton Road, Suite 150, Building 100, Jacksonville, FL 32246