Debra S. Hill Back to attorneys page
Large Firm Experience:
- Javitch, Block & Rahbone, LLC, Business Litigation Section
- Arthur Treacher’s , Inc., General Counsel for the franchise chain, Arthur Treacher’s Fish & Chips
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Ohio
- Case Western Reserve University, J.D., 1991
- Kent State University, M.A., 1986
- Kent State University, B.A., 1983
Ms. Hill brings over twenty years of experience in the areas of business/corporate law, franchise, trademark, copyright and entertainment law. She advises and represents entrepreneurial and middle market companies in all aspects of business transactions. Her services include:
- Franchise matters; including General Counsel Services, Franchise Document Preparation, Area Representation Agreements, Master Agreements, Co-Branding Agreements and Vendor Agreements; Franchise State Registrations; Franchise Relationships and Compliance.
- Trademark, Copyright and Licensing Matters.
- Trade Secrets and Propriety Property Protection.
- Brand Development.
- Business Contracts and Leases.
- LLCs, Corporations and Business Entities Formation and Maintenance.
- Entertainment, including: Screenplay Option Agreements, Screenplay Purchase Agreements, Actor Agreements For Movies, Actor Agreements with Agents or Managers, Collaboration Agreements, Producer Agreements, including Talent and Production Company Acquisitions and Contracts.
- Musicians/Artists Representation.
- Magazine/Publication, including Marketing Publications.
- General Business Representation.
In 2010 and 2011, Ms. Hill was named one of Jacksonville’s Top Business Lawyers by the Jacksonville Magazine’s 904. She is a Trustee for the Jacksonville Chamber of Commerce, the Chairman of the Franchise Section of the Jacksonville Bar, serves on the News Editorial Board of the Florida Bar Journal and is a member of the American Bar Association’s Forum on Franchising. Ms. Hill is a frequent speaker for the Jacksonville Chamber of Commerce, the Small Business Resource Network, Continuing Legal Education seminars and is an expert resource for the Jacksonville Business Journal. She is named in Marquis’ Who’s Who in America, Who’s Who in American Law and Who’s Who of American Women.
Ms. Hill’s Florida address is 4600 Touchton Road, Building 150, Suite 100, Jacksonville, FL 32246.