Debra S. Hill Back to attorneys page
- Franchising, Dealerships & Distributorships
- Trademark & Copyright
- General Corporate
- Commercial Transactions
- US District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- US District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- Arthur Treacher’s, Inc., General Counsel
- Case Western Reserve University, J.D., 1991
- Kent State University, M.A., 1986
- Kent State University, B.A., 1983
Debra began her legal career representing a national franchisor in 1991. Almost 25 years later, Debra continues to concentrate her practice on brand expansion through franchising, dealerships and distributorships, and, trademark and brand protections. Her clients operate in a wide range of industries, including food & beverage, manufacturing, recycling, construction, marketing, personal services and transportation industries.
- Her experience in franchising is comprehensive. She represents clients in FDD & document preparation, state registrations, dealership arrangements, co-branding, franchise compliance, real estate negotiations, acquisitions, vendor agreements, franchise advertising compliance, and franchise litigation monitoring.
- Debra represents clients in trade protection matters including trademark registration, non-competition agreements, NDAs, trade secret protection, unfair competition law and proprietary product protection.
- Debra acts as General Counsel for small to midsize clients.
- Forum on Franchising – Membership Committee Member
- Florida Bar Journal – Editorial Board Member
- Jacksonville Bar Franchise Committee – Former Chair
- Jacksonville Chamber of Commerce – Former Trustee
- Named Top Franchise Attorney in Jacksonville, 904 Magazine – 2010 to present
- Named Top Business Attorney in Jacksonville, 904 Magazine – 2011 to present
- Martindale Hubbell AV Rating of Preeminent – 5 out of 5
- AVVO rating 10
- Duval Audubon Society – Board Member & Director
- Shakti Life Kitchen – Board Member
- Friends of Jacksonville Animals – Foster Volunteer