Jennifer H. Davidow Back to attorneys page
- U.S. 5th Circuit Court of Appeals
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court
- All Texas Districts
- District of Colorado
- Univ. of Texas School of Law – J.D., with honors, 2000
- Editor-in-Chief, Texas Journal of Women and the Law, 1999-2000
- Rice University
- B.A., Cum Laude, 1997
Large Law Firm Experience:
- Vinson & Elkins LLP
Jennifer H. Davidow
Jennifer concentrates her practice on appellate and trial-level litigation. Her cases involve business transactions, contracts, products liability, health care, legal malpractice, oil and gas, and a host of other topics. With expertise in procedural and jurisdictional issues, Jennifer frequently represents global energy companies sued in the United States. She also assists clients with international discovery requests and other matters peculiar to transnational litigation.
Companies also turn to Jennifer for advice in strategizing their non-US operations so as to reduce the risk of having to defend a lawsuit in the United States. She has counseled those businesses on, for example, where and how executives of the company should be employed, best practices for doing business with US residents, and including appropriate disclaimer language on Web sites. Jennifer has advised businesses with operations in Africa, Asia, Australia, and Europe.
Jennifer has represented clients across the country, in the U.S. Supreme Court, federal courts of appeals, and many federal district courts. In her home state, she practices extensively in the Texas trial and appellate courts and has significant experience in the Texas Supreme Court.
After spending her career at Vinson & Elkins in Houston, Jennifer joined FisherBroyles in 2013.
- Bailey v. Shell Western E&P, Inc., 609 F.3d 710 (5th Cir. 2010)
Affirmance of summary judgment in favor of defendants in royalty payment action
- Marks v. St. Luke’s Episcopal Hosp., 319 S.W.3d 658 (Tex. 2010)
Affirmance of dismissal of claims in health care liability case due to plaintiff’s failure to file expert report
Presented oral argument in Texas Supreme Court. No. 07-0783, September 11, 2008
- Syrian-American Oil Corp., S.A. v. Syria Shell Petroleum Development B.V., No. 01-10-00224-CV (Tex. App.—Houston [1st Dist.] Feb. 24, 2011, no pet.) (mem. op.)
Affirmance of order granting special appearance of Dutch company
- In re: Bridgestone/Firestone, Inc. Tires Prods. Liab. Litig., 470 F. Supp. 2d 917 (S.D. Ind. 2006)
Dismissal for forum non conveniens in highly unusual case involving attorney misconduct
- Fighting Forum Shopping in the 21st Century, Int’l Litig. Q., Summer 2008 (co-author).
- Recent Developments in Products, General Liability, and Consumer Law, Tort Trial & Ins. Prac. L.J., Winter 2007 (co-author).
- Try Your Case With the Appeal in Mind, Pocket Parts (Houston Young Lawyers Ass’n, Houston, Tex.), February/March 2003.