Timothy C. Parlatore
- E: firstname.lastname@example.org
- T: (212) 679-6312
- M: (732) 904-6391
- F: (212) 202-4787
- New York Office
- First Amendment
- Litigation – Civil Pretrial and Trial Services
- White Collar Litigation and Investigations
- New York
- New Jersey
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- United States District Court for the District of Connecticut
- United States District Court for the District of New Jersey
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Armed Forces
- U.S. Army Court of Criminal Appeals
- U.S. Navy/Marine Corps Court of Criminal Appeals
- U.S. Air Force Court of Criminal Appeals
- Brooklyn Law School, J.D.
- United States Naval Academy, B.S., Political Science, 2002
Timothy C. Parlatore concentrates his practice in the areas of white-collar litigation, investigations, and civil litigation. Timothy joined FisherBroyles after having built an impressive track record of legal victories across many jurisdictions. He is known for his legal acumen, thoroughness, compassion, strong presence, and fierce advocacy.
Mr. Parlatore has successfully handled a myriad of complex criminal cases including, securities fraud, mail and wire fraud, corporate espionage, Ponzi schemes, money laundering, public corruption, and Social Security, Medicare, and insurance fraud and murder-for-hire. He also handles a wide array of civil cases including defamation, shareholder derivative suits, professional malpractice, and intellectual property litigation.
Mr. Parlatore is no stranger to the spotlight, as he has proved time and again that he performs best under pressure and in high-profile cases where adept media relations are a necessity. He has been featured in The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, The NY Daily News, The NY Post, Sports Illustrated, Navy Times and Esquire Magazine for multiple high profile cases that he has handled. He made worldwide headlines for winning a not-guilty verdict for the men who parachuted off the World Trade Center and his accomplishments have been covered extensively in the New York Law Journal. He has appeared on NBC Nightly News, ABC Good Morning America, CBS Evening News and WPIX’s Morning Show. While he is comfortable handling such high-profile cases, he takes particular pride in the ability to handle cases quietly, without any headlines, to protect his clients’ images and reputations.
Mr. Parlatore’s career path to FisherBroyles is somewhat unique, because rather than working at a large law firm, he worked at multiple notable boutique white-collar firms, where he was able to work with and learn directly from several iconic defense attorneys, such as Edward W. Hayes, Ronald P. Fischetti, and Bruce Cutler. He ran a successful solo practice before joining FisherBroyles.
In addition to his impressive legal experience, Mr. Parlatore is heavily influenced by his military experience, as a graduate of the U.S. Naval Academy and veteran of Operation Enduring Freedom. He served as a Surface Warfare Officer on board the USS NORMANDY, and later as Commanding Officer of a reserve military police unit, Naval Security Forces LaMaddalena. He was also a member of the US Navy Marksmanship team. He continues to serve as the Director of Officer Education for the New York Guard, where he holds a commission as a Major in the Judge Advocate General Corps.
Mr. Parlatore has donated his time to providing low-cost legal services to military members and has represented soldiers in several notable combat-related murder cases arising from events that occurred on the battlefields or Iraq and Afghanistan.
Representative Transactions Include
- Won acquittal of felony charges following a highly publicized jury trial for the men who BASE Jumped from the Freedom Tower.
- Represents former NYPD Commissioner through multiple federal lawsuits including attorney malpractice, defamation, and copyright issues.
- Won acquittal on all charges following jury trial in Eastern District of New York for client charged with structuring transactions to evade cash reporting requirements.
- Won directed verdict after a two-week jury trial in a shareholder derivative suit. Represented accountant accused of conspiring with 50% shareholder to divert assets and devalue stock to remaining shareholder’s detriment.
- Represented a woman accused of $6.5 million Ponzi scheme where client was accused of defrauding victims into investing in false water purification and energy technologies.
- Represented a defendant charged with running a $30 million Ponzi scheme. Successfully proved a significant reduced loss amount of $6.9 million.
- Represented part-owner of a Ferrari dealership accused of corporate espionage by accessing emails of a rival dealership and stealing client information. Negotiated probationary sentence.
- Represented client accused of health care fraud for running clinic that falsified diagnoses and treatments for accident victims to take advantage of no-fault insurance claims. Client was sentenced to 5 months incarceration.
- Represented stockbroker charged with Enterprise Corruption, Securities Fraud, and Grand Larceny in connection with allegations that they had collected $6.2 million in unlawful commissions.
- Won motion for dismissal of homicide charges on Constitutional grounds.
- Handled post-conviction proceedings and successfully argued for significantly reduced sentence for real estate developer, who had been convicted of attempting to have a rival killed in Federal Murder-for-Hire case.
- Successfully argued for a sentence of time-served for defendant in Federal Securities Fraud case.
Presentations & Teaching Experience
- Mr. Parlatore is a regular guest lecturer on various topics of criminal law and trial advocacy at Brooklyn Law School.