Running a business requires the ability to navigate legal minefields as well as the threat of litigation and adverse public relations, all while maximizing employee morale, minimizing attrition, and complying with applicable law.
As more and more organizations employ people who work around the world, our employment partners advise businesses as to all aspects of employment around the globe, including acting as “virtual international employment counsel” to a range of multinationals. We can cover your employment law needs through one point of contact and personalize strategies for your business, whether you’re running a start-up or a Fortune 500 company.
Indeed, we aren’t just lawyers. We are business people who see things through a legal lens, big thinkers who handle your business challenges as if they were our own. We communicate with you, which means we listen much more than we talk.
Whether it’s a gut-wrenching call from your regulator announcing a wage and hour audit, a temporary restraining order filed against you and/or your newly-hired employee, an urgent need to restructure your workforce or a high-profile executive scandal (sexual harassment or otherwise), we will work with you and assure you that your issues will be handled effectively and efficiently.
We handle sensitive employee complaints, disciplinary and performance management issues, intervening early to devise initial positions that will hold up in court.
Of course, if you do end up facing a lawsuit, we will zealously advocate your positions. Our experienced litigators can defend you in any forum, from jury trials to private arbitration and mediation.
While we are always ready to manage an employment crisis, including coordinating with public relations experts, we will partner with you to craft or update policies and procedures that provide your company with a solid foundation that will minimize risk by promoting regulatory compliance and maximizing employee efficiency in ways that strive to keep your company out of litigation.
With over 40 partners worldwide, our Employment practice is a central focus of our business. Highlights of our Employment practice include:
- Anti-Discrimination and Anti-Harassment Training
- Claim Resolution (litigation/arbitration/mediation)
- Corporate Diversity & Inclusion
- Cross-border claims and multi-jurisdictional restructuring projects and site closures/moves
- Disability, Leave, and Health Management
- Disciplinaries and Termination
- Discrimination, Harassment, and Retaliation
- Drafting Alternative Dispute Resolution Agreements / Settlement Agreements
- Employee Benefits
- Employment Status / (Mis)Classification Issues
- Employee Handbooks and Manuals
- Executive Employment Agreements (including for blockchain businesses)
- General Employment Advice
- Government Relations
- Immigration and Verification Compliance
- International Employment Issues
- Internal Investigations
- Labor/Trade Union Negotiations
- M&A Due Diligence of Employment Issues
- Misclassification and Reclassification
- Negotiating & Drafting Severance Packages
- Non-Competes and Restrictive Covenants
- Policies and Gap Analyses of your Policies
- Privacy, e-Communication, and Data Security
- Social Media Policies
- Trade Secrets
- Wage and Hour/Overtime/Working Time
- Whistleblower Claims (including Sarbanes-Oxley (“SOX”))
- Workplace Safety and Health
- Workplace and Management Training