Running a business requires the ability to navigate minefields created by federal, state, and municipal laws as well as the threat of litigation and adverse public relations, all while maximizing employee morale and minimizing attrition. Our partners personalize strategies for your business, both inside and outside of the courtroom. We aren’t just lawyers. We are counselors, big thinkers who handle your business challenges as if they were our own. We communicate with you, which means we listen much more than we talk. We are passionate about what we do.
Whether it’s a gut-wrenching call from the Department of Labor announcing an audit, a temporary restraining order filed against you and/or your newly-hired employee, or a high-profile executive scandal (sexual harassment or otherwise), we will work with you and assure you that your issues will be handled effectively and efficiently. We handle EEOC and agency charges and investigations, intervening early to devise initial positions that hold up in court if a lawsuit follows. Of course, if there is a lawsuit, we will zealously advocate your positions. Our experienced litigators can defend you in any forum, from jury trials to private arbitration and mediation.
While we are always ready to manage an employment crisis, including coordinating with public relations experts, we will partner with you to craft or update policies and procedures that provide your company with a solid foundation that will minimize risk by promoting regulatory compliance and maximizing employee efficiency in ways that strive to keep your company out of litigation.
From your mailroom employees to the C-suite (1099s included), we can help you.
Highlights of our litigation and counseling practice areas include:
- Claim Resolution (litigation/arbitration/mediation)
- Corporate Diversity Counseling
- Disability, Leave, and Health Management
- Discipline and Termination
- Discrimination, Harassment, and Retaliation
- Drafting Alternative Dispute Resolution Agreements
- Employee Benefits/ERISA
- Employee (Mis)Classification Issues
- Employee Manuals
- Executive Employment Agreements (including for blockchain businesses)
- General Employment Counseling
- Government Relations (federal, state, and local agencies)
- Business Immigration and Verification Compliance (I-9 and E-Verify)
- International Employment Issues/Protecting foreign businesses from US Litigation
- Internal Investigations
- Labor Union Negotiations, Prevention Advice, Organization Resistance
- M&A Due Diligence of Employment Issues
- Negotiating & Drafting Severance Packages
- Non-Competes, Restrictive Covenants, and Protection Against Unfair Competition
- OFCCP Compliance
- Policies and Gap Analyses of Your Policies
- Privacy, e-Communication, and Data Security
- Social Media Policies
- Uniform Trade Secrets Act Litigation
- Wage and Hour/Overtime
- Whistleblower Claims (including Sarbanes-Oxley (“SOX”))
- Workplace Safety and Health/OSHA
- Workplace and Management Training