FisherBroyles’ International Disputes team includes board certified specialists in international law and attorneys with deep experience in international disputes. Based in the U.S. and Europe, we counsel clients worldwide and handle a broad range of matters, including international commercial and treaty arbitration, public international law, and complex commercial litigation. Equally diverse is the team’s industry experience, which spans energy and natural resources, manufacturing, logistics, agriculture, food & beverage, and many others. Our distributed Firm structure is particularly suited to international dispute resolution and our collaborative culture allows clients to enjoy the Firm’s full resources seamlessly across different jurisdictions and practice areas. Our attorneys are fluent in Spanish, French, Russian, and Ukrainian, which allows them to work on cases crossing the continents.
Tailored in approach, cost-effective, and ready to adjust to fluctuating conditions, our team can efficiently meet the full range of client needs, from bet-the-company arbitration under international sales law and U.S. enforcement proceedings to complex EU competition disputes. Importantly, our lawyers also have long-standing relationships within the litigation funding market and often work with clients seeking third-party funding support.
Our services include:
- Cross-border commercial disputes;
- Cross-border intellectual property disputes;
- Fraud litigation;
- International commercial arbitration (institutional and ad hoc);
- Investor-state arbitration;
- Enforcement of commercial and investment arbitral awards and foreign judgments;
- Evidence-gathering in cross-border disputes (including Section 1782 proceedings in the United States and Hague Convention requests);
- International asset recovery;
- Online defamation cases;
- U.S. Chapter 15 Bankruptcy proceedings;
- Freezing orders and Norwich Pharmacal orders in English courts;
- Antitrust private damages actions;
- Litigation involving the Foreign Sovereign Immunities Act;
- Disputes under the U.N. Convention for Contracts for the International Sale of Goods (CISG);
- Cases under the UNIDROIT rules;
- International matters involving the application of the Perishable Agricultural Commodities Act (PACA);
- Actions under the Convention for the Unification of Certain Rules for International Carriage by Air (the Montreal Convention).
Our International Arbitration group strives to effectively resolve international disputes, including cross-border litigation, international commercial arbitration, and investor-state disputes. Our lawyers are trained both in civil and common law and frequently act as arbitrators in addition to their role as counsels and advisors to our clients. FisherBroyles’ attorneys represent both investors and states in international arbitration cases involving bilateral and multilateral investment treaties, long-term energy concessions, securities, hospitality and energy projects.