Diem N. Kaelber
D: (614) 929-5666
M: (404) 272-5347
F: (866) 414-5083
Cincinnati, Cleveland and Columbus Offices
- Litigation – Civil Pretrial and Trial Services
- Litigation and Risk Management
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 11th Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- Washington and Lee University School of Law, J.D., 1998
- Wake Forest University, B.A., 1994
Honors and Awards:
- Selected as an “Ohio Super Lawyer” by Ohio Super Lawyers magazine (2015, 2016, and 2017)
- Selected as an “Ohio Rising Stars” by Ohio Super Lawyers magazine (2012 and 2013)
Diem N. Kaelber is a partner in FisherBroyles’ Ohio office. Mrs. Kaelber focuses her practice on business litigation and education law. She has extensive experience representing and advising companies on business litigation matters and providing her expertise to schools on education law.
With more than 16 years of experience, Mrs. Kaelber has represented a wide range of clients including national retailers and restaurants, hospitals, dealerships, management companies, non-profit agencies, insurance agencies, insurers, and schools. She is an accomplished litigator who has successfully represented plaintiffs and defendants both in court and before administrative tribunals in matters involving general liability, premises liability, agency liability, consumer liability, contract disputes, partnership issues, breach of fiduciary duty, ethics law compliance, constitutional compliance, insurance coverage, bad faith, and tax controversies. She is recognized as a Rising Star in Business Litigation and a Super Lawyer in Education Law. Prior to joining FisherBroyles, Mrs. Kaelber worked for another national law firm. She also has previously worked as a lobbyist and for “Big Four” tax and consulting firms providing strategic business solutions.
Mrs. Kaelber is a graduate of Washington and Lee University School of Law in Lexington, Virginia. She also is a graduate of Wake Forest University in Winston-Salem, North Carolina. She is a member of the Ohio Bar Association, Georgia Bar Association, and Florida Bar Association.
Mrs. Kaelber’s expertise and reputation will provide clients with tremendous value while increasing the market leadership position of FisherBroyles’ Litigation and Education Law Practices.
Mrs. Kaelber resides in Columbus, Ohio with her husband and two children. She enjoys tennis, biking, running, and travel.
Presentations & Teaching Experience
- Guest Lecturer – Ohio Sunshine Laws – Ohio Alliance for Public Charter Schools Quality Charter Law Workshop (September 2013; presented to school leaders, board members and attorneys)
- Guest Lecturer – State vs. Federal Rules of Procedure and Evidence – National Business Institute (October 2012; presented to attorneys)
- Guest Lecturer – Ohio Sunshine Laws – Charter School Board Training (March 2012; presented to board members and attorneys)
- Guest Lecturer – School Laws, Policies and Procedures and Emerging Legal Issues – Ohio Alliance for Public Charter Schools School Law Workshop (September 2011; presented to school leaders, board members and attorneys)
- Co-Author – Brief of Amicus Curiae Ohio Association of Public School Employees (OAPSE)/AFSCME Local 4, AFL- CIO, Fraternal Order of Police of Ohio, Incorporated, and American Federation of State, County, Municipal Employees Ohio Counsel 8 – State ex rel. Ohio Civ. Serv. Emps. Assn. v. State, 2013-Ohio-4505
- Diem N. Kaelber, Author, Claims Management – Attorney-Client Privilege and Work Email Communications (2014)
- Diem N. Kaelber, Co-Author, NASP Subrogator – Forcing the Issue: Virginia Courts Begin to Expand Recoveries in Tort Between Parties to a Contract (2004)