- E: firstname.lastname@example.org
- T:(404) 731-9080
- Atlanta Office
- Intellectual Property
- United States Patent and Trademark Office (2001)
- Delaware (2003)
- Georgia (2005)
- Emory University School of Law, J.D.
- University of Virginia, B.S., 1998
Large Law Firm Experience:
- Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton, LLP
- Fish & Richardson P.C.
E.J. Joswick focuses his practice on patent prosecution, litigation, and licensing for software, Internet, telecommunication, network, mesh-network, e-commerce, television, webcasting, and other computer-related technologies, as well as medical devices, textiles, wood-working and other mechanical technologies. He specializes in in-depth investigation, analysis, and evaluation of technology, business, and legal issues to provide strategic advice and services. He is registered to practice before the United States Patent & Trademark Office.
Prior to practicing law, Mr. Joswick worked as an enterprise software consultant on SAP® installation projects.
Representative Transactions Include
- Patent procurement and counseling services to one of the largest and most diversified software companies in the world on technologies ranging from image processing, object detection, interaction tracking, and web analytics, to software used to create and modify images, audio, video, applications, and other electronic content.
- Patent procurement and counseling services to a company providing telecommunication, computing, and monitoring systems and services to confinement facilities and other institutions.
- Patent procurement, counseling, post grant, and litigation services for a leading manufacturer of carpet tiles.
- Patent procurement and counseling services to leading global provider of integrated energy management products regarding smart meters and the support of smart grids.
- Patent litigation services for an industry leader in medical devices regarding intramedullary nail and electrosurgical medical devices.
- Post grant patent services for patent owner in inter partes reexamination proceedings related to patents for mobile telephone communication technologies.
- Prepared an amicus brief on behalf of the Association of Corporate Counsel in a significant patent law appellate case addressing claim construction methodology. Phillips v. AWH Corp., et al., No. 97-00212 (D. Colo. filed Aug. 5, 2005).
- March 2016, Patents: Issues Found in Unlikely Places and Special Challenges of Software Patenting
- May 2015, The Intellectual Property Transaction: The Basics About Buying and Selling Intellectual Property Assets
- May 2015, Patent Portfolio Creation, Management, and Licensing
- July 2010, USPTO Issues Interim Guidance To Examiners Post-Bilski
- January 2006, Intellectual Property Protection for Computer-Related Innovations
- November 2005, Intellectual Property Innovations Class: Export Control Compliance – Avoiding Legal Pitfalls when Developing and Exporting Technology