Edward J. Gildea
Boston Office Managing Partner
- Commercial Transactions
- Employee Benefits & Executive Compensation
- Financial Services & Lending
- General Corporate
- Internet E-Commerce
- Privacy & Data Security
- Securities & Private Equity
- Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- Suffolk University Law School; J.D. 1977
- College of the Holy Cross; A.B. English, 1973
- Kellogg Company
- Grolier Incorporated
- QualityMetric Inc.
- Converted Organics Inc.
Mr. Gildea is a seasoned lawyer and problem solver who has experienced the legal and regulatory challenges faced by business.
Over a diverse career in law and business spanning over thirty years, Mr. Gildea has developed a wealth of hands-on experience working with investment banks, hedge funds, private equity firms, venture capitalists, alternative sources of finance, and regulatory agencies as both a lawyer and a principal.
Prior to joining FisherBroyles, Mr. Gildea was the President, Chairman of the Board, and CEO for a publicly held environmental startup for eight years. He has also served as the COO and General Counsel of a healthcare technology startup (now owned by United Healthcare Group).
Before entering the world of startups, over a ten-year period Mr. Gildea served an important leadership role as Vice President – Legal of the world’s largest cereal company, the Kellogg Company in Battle Creek, MI. For ten years prior to joining Kellogg, he was variously, Vice President of Human Resources, Corporate Counsel and the senior legal officer for Grolier Incorporated, a multi-national publishing company headquartered in Danbury, CT. Mr. Gildea has also served as the General Counsel of the Washington, D.C. office of the National Association of Government Employees/International Brotherhood of Police Officers.
Having spent more than thirty years leading in-house legal departments, serving as the CEO of a public startup company, and the COO of a second startup, Mr. Gildea knows first-hand the legal and business pressures faced by company management regardless of the size or nature of the business. He possesses a unique combination of broad based legal and managerial expertise as well as decision-making experience that help corporate clients surmount the many legal and corporate challenges that are part of the fabric of today’s complicated business environment.
For example, Mr. Gildea has completed merger, acquisition, debt, and developmental transactions aggregating billions of dollars in the U.S., Canada, Mexico, and throughout South America, Australia, Asia and Europe. He has led IPO’s, corporate restructurings, secondary stock offerings and private financings. He has had experience dealing with antitrust authorities in the US, UK, Australia and Brazil. He has experience dealing with federal and state environmental regulatory agencies, Internet sales and marketing, privacy issues, and general corporate, investor relations, and public company reporting experience.
Mr. Gildea’s uncompromising work ethic, financial acumen, strategic vision, and presentation skills also make him a valued advisor to public and private businesses. He is a member of the Board of Directors of three publicly traded companies; Worlds Inc. (an intellectual property business); Worlds Online Inc. (three dimensional online gaming); WPCS International Incorporated (design/build wireless communications); and one not for profit enterprise, Disability Rights Advocates.
Presentations & Teaching Experience:
- Appeared on MSNBC‘s morning business news program concerning environmental business; presented to numerous investor conferences.
- Chairman of the Board at annual and special meetings of Shareholders.
- Testified before California State Senate Committee regarding Organic Fertilizer regulations.
- Guest Panelist – Annual Mergers and Acquisitions Seminar – Tulane University.
- Prepared and presented testimony before House Committees concerning National Labeling and Enforcement Act and The Civil Service Reform Act.
- Worlds Inc. (an intellectual property business) (OTCBB:WDDD)
- Worlds Online Inc (three dimensional online gaming) (OTCBB:WORX)
- WPCS International Incorporated (design/build wireless communications and Bitcoin exchange) (NASDAQ:WPCS)
- Disability Rights Advocates (a disability rights legal center)
Not for Profits:
- Disability Rights Advocates (a legal center advancing civil rights for people with disabilities).