T: (215) 514-8754
- Commercial Transactions
- General Corporate
- New Jersey
- Temple University, JD, 1989
- Temple University, BA, 1985
- Assistant General Counsel, SunCom Wireless
Large Law Firm Experience
- Wolf, Block, Schorr & Solis-Cohen
A one-time commercial litigator turned transactional lawyer, Eric has experience working as in-house counsel, and has provided legal, business, and operational advice and guidance to middle market companies, start-up ventures, and entrepreneurs for nearly 30 years. Eric’s blended experience as litigator and transactional lawyer affords him a unique perspective on risk allocation and related transactional issues.
Today, Eric regularly represents buyers and sellers in mergers and acquisitions; provides clients day-to-day advice and guidance on a full range of legal and business issues; negotiates and prepares operations-related agreements; represents clients in debt and equity financings; and represents employers and employees in executive employment arrangements. As a transactional lawyer, he has participated in hundreds of transactions ranging from multi-million dollar stock acquisitions to serial asset acquisitions, serving as counsel to clients ranging from some of the nation’s leading roll-up acquirers to entrepreneurs seeking to exit their ventures.
In addition to his transactional experience, he counsels clients on risk avoidance and mitigation in the context of customer relations, as well as liability issues in commercial and complex tort litigation, and investigations in anticipation of litigation.
A nationally recognized speaker on legal issues in the electronic security, life safety and personal emergency response industries, Eric is regularly invited to address industry groups, trade associations, and companies around the country. Eric has also served as counsel to a number of industry trade associations. Eric also plays an active role in the business community, currently serving as chairman of the Board of Directors of the Montgomery County Industrial Development Authority.
Representative Transactions Include
- Represented numerous family-held businesses in connection with sale of business to an acquirer.
- Represented numerous buyers and sellers of middle market businesses in various industries, including recurring revenue industries such as physical security, life safety, personal emergency response systems, software, IP security and telecommunications.
- Represented numerous borrowers in cash-flow lending transactions.
- Represented turn-around acquirer of a significant portfolio of electronic security accounts in connection with the secured creditor’s private Article Nine auction; representation ranged from pre-auction business formation to acquisition and continuing through to exit through asset sale, and included ongoing advice on day-to-day legal and business matters.
- Represented multiple leading national and super-regional roll-up acquirers in the ongoing acquisition of electronic security companies and their customer account portfolios nationwide.
- Represented numerous sellers on exit from electronic security businesses, including transactions in which he obtained significant sales multiples for seller clients.
- Represented personal emergency response providers in debt and equity transactions.
- Served as in-house counsel to a regional wireless telecommunications provider.
- Acted as legal counsel to the dissolution committee of a long-established, leading Philadelphia-based law firm, providing day-to-day advice and guidance on issues including dissolution; compensation of current and former partners; negotiation of significant partnership recourse obligations; and collection of outstanding firm receivables.
- Retained as an expert witness in defense of a legal malpractice claim arising from the stock purchase of an electronic security provider.
- Negotiated and drafted web-based video storage service agreements with leading international electronic security and data storage providers.
- Advised several leading national cable TV providers in connection with their entry into the commercial and residential electronic security market.
- Represented governmental agency in acquisition of cutting-edge NexGen 911 services.
Presentations & Teaching Experience
A nationally recognized speaker on legal issues in the electronic security, life safety and personal emergency response industries, Eric is regularly invited to address industry groups, trade associations, and companies around the country.