Frances Codd Slusarz
T: (203) 542-0724
New York Office
- Commercial Transactions
- General Corporate
- Intellectual Property
- Litigation – Appellate
- Litigation – Civil Pretrial and Trial Services
- Litigation & Risk Management
- Regulatory Law & Government Contracts
- Securities & Private Equity
- New York
- U.S. District Court, S.D.N.Y.
- U.S. District Court, E.D.N.Y.
- U.S. District Court, Connecticut
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Connecticut
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 2d Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 3d Circuit
- New York University School of Law, J.D., 2002
- Hunter College of the City University of New York, B.A., magna cum laude, History, 1993; Phi Beta Kappa, Phi Alpha Theta, Nathalie Wald Fellow, 1991
Large Law Firm Experience:
- Fox Rothschild LLP
Frances Slusarz focuses her practice on complex commercial litigation and corporate matters. She has represented public and private businesses in state and federal courts across the United States, as well as arbitrations, FINRA and SEC investigations, and Department of Homeland Security investigations.
Ms. Slusarz has broad experience in developing and implementing litigation strategy for disputes between business owners, counseling shareholder derivative claims, copyright and patent infringement, securities disputes, employment discrimination claims, contract disputes and unfair trade practices, including:
- Successfully appealing dismissal of claims in favor of arbitration in the Second Circuit;
- Securing judgment in an investment bank fee dispute and successfully defending judgment on appeal;
- Counseling rifle manufacturer through a mandatory disclosure to the Department of State of a business partner’s illegal activity, and subsequent investigation by the Department of Homeland Security;
- Winning a false light invasion of privacy claim for an international rap artist; and,
- Representing business purchaser in fraud claim against former owner.
Ms. Slusarz also counsels startups and growing businesses business formation, commercial contracts, employment, licensing, and regulatory compliance issues as outside general counsel to business owners.
Presentations & Teaching Experience:
- “The Seven Deadly Sins of Business Operations: Mistakes You Cannot Afford to Make,” Believe, Inspire, Grow, Fairfield, Connecticut Chapter (8/27/14)
- “Copyrights and Trademarks and Patents, Oh My!,” Webinar (5/12/14).
- “Don’t Be Fooled – One Size Does Not Fit All: Choose the Right Business Organization For Your Goals,” Mom Grows a Business Conference (4/15/14)
- “The Creation and Destruction of the Valuation Expert Surviving the Rigors of the Courtroom,” Connecticut Chapter of the National Association of Certified Valuation Analysts, North Haven, CT (5/19/10)
- “Buy-Sell Provisions of a Partnership, LLC Or Shareholders’ Agreement,” Connecticut Chapter of the National Association of Certified Valuation Analysts, North Haven, CT (9/24/09)
- Federal Litigation Involving LLCs Can be Troublesome, CT Law Tribune (9/27/10)
- Dulling the Blue Pencil: Greater Flexibility Shown in Interpreting Restrictive Covenants, CT Law Tribune (1/25/10)
- Workplace Stress Claims Resulting from September 11th, 18 Lab. Lawyer 137 (2002)
- New York State Bar Association – Corporations Law Committee Member, 2014-
- Bethel Chamber of Commerce – Board Member, 2014-present
- Ellevate Network – 2009-present
- St. Mary’s Church, Bethel, Connecticut, Lector and Catechist, 2004-present
- Girl Scouts of Connecticut, Adult Volunteer and Leader, 1999-present