Frank C. Porada
T: (303) ) 808-4706
- Energy/Oil & Gas Law
- Litigation & Risk Management
- Litigation – Civil Pretrial and Trial Services
- United States District Courts for the District of Colorado
- Eastern and Southern District of New York
- United States Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
- Cornell Law School, 1989
- Colby College; BA, 1985
Large Law Firm Experience:
- Coudert Brothers
Mr. Porada’s practice focuses on commercial litigation. He has been trial counsel for corporate and individual clients, as both plaintiffs and defendants. Mr. Porada has served as lead trial counsel and successfully defended lawsuits involving claims seeking more than $10 million, and has represented some of the largest corporations in the United States. Mr. Porada’s experience includes complex breach of contract cases and business torts, as well as monopolization claims, oil and gas controversies, and insurance coverage disputes. Mr. Porada has extensive experience in the federal and state courts of Colorado, as well as experience in courts throughout the United States.
Mr. Porada began his career in the New York office of the international law firm Coudert Brothers, and after relocating to Denver, practiced with the litigation boutique Featherstone DeSisto LLP for nearly ten years.
- Spring Creek Exploration & Production Company, LLC v. Statoil US Holdings, Inc. et al., 2016 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 39376 (D. Colo. March 24, 2016); 2015 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 73114 (D. Colo. June 5, 2015); 2014 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 124055 (D. Colo. September 5, 2014).
- Whitney et al. v. Exeter Holdings Inc., 2014 WL 895440 (Colo. Dist. Ct. Jan. 22, 2014).
- Greenacre, et al. v. BHP Billiton Petroleum Great Britain, Ltd., 2013 WL 7872248 (Colo. Dist. Ct. Jan. 10, 2013); 2012 WL 628912 (Colo. Dist. Ct. Feb. 27, 2012).
- Bolsa Res., Inc. v. AGC Res., Inc. 2013 U.S. LEXIS 137604, 2013 WL 5366959 (D. Colo. Sept. 25, 2013).
- GE Commercial Distribution Finance Corp. v. DonWin LLC, 2012 WL 628912 (D. Colo. Feb. 27, 2012); 2011 WL 2518905 (D. Colo. June 24, 2011).
- Blum v. Katims, 2011 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 60820 (D. Colo. June 7, 2011).
- Adams v. Staples The Office Superstore, LLC, 2011 WL 11683470 (Colo. Dist. Ct. May 10, 2011).
- In Re Karl John Koch, 17250 West Colfax Holdings, LLC v. Koch, 2011 WL 11683470 (Bankr., D. Colo. 2010).
- Town of Telluride v. Idarado Mining Co., 2011 WL 9513501 (Colo. Dist. Ct. Feb. 23, 2009).
- Wachovia Financial Services, Inc. v. CBCC Development LLC, 2009 WL 9514097 (Colo. Dist. Ct. November 24, 2009).
- Allgood v. General Motors Corp., 595 F. Supp.2d 929 (S.D. Ind. 2009); 2008 WL 906169 (S.D. Ind. Mar. 31, 2008); 2006 WL 2669337 (S.D. Ind. Sept. 18, 2006); 2005 WL 2218371 (S.D. Ind. Sept 12, 2005).
- Scott A. Cunningham v. BHP Petroleum Great Britain PLC, 2008 WL 9833946 (Colo. Dist. Ct. March 3, 2008).
- Scott A. Cunningham v. BHP Billiton Petroleum Great Britain Limited, 427 F.3d 1238 (10th Cir. 2005).
- Nobody in Particular Presents, Inc. v. Clear Channel Communications, 311 F. Supp.2d 1048, 2004-1 Trade Cases P. 74, 367 (D. Colo. 2004).
- Med Safe Northwest, Inc. v. Medvial, Inc., 1 Fed. Appx. 795 (10th Cir. 2001).
- In Re MG Technologies AG, 2001 WL 36648273 (D. Colo. Nov. 6, 2001).
- Signature Development Cos. v. Royal Insurance Company of America, 230 F.3d 1215 (10th Cir. 2000).
- Blackfeet Tribe of the Blackfeet Indian Reservation v. Blaze Construction and National Union Fire Ins. Co. of Pittsburg, PA, 108 F. Supp.2d 1122 (D. Mont. 2000).
- Allied Carriers Exchange, Inc. v. Alliance Shippers, Inc., 1999 WL 35363796 (D. Colo. Sept. 22, 1999).
- Lenon v. St. Paul Mercury Insurance Company, 136 F.3d 1365 (10th Cir. 1998).
- Hotel Aquarius B.V. v. PRT Corp., 1999 U.S. Dist LEXIS 2957, 1994 WL 89001 (S.D.N.Y. 1994).