T: (408) 722-9358
C: (408) 987-1933
Palo Alto Office
- Entertainment & Sports
- General Corporate
- Intellectual Property
- Internet & eCommerce
- University of Nevada at Las Vegas, JD/MBA
- Stanford University, MS Materials Science and Engineering
- University of California at Berkeley, BS Chemistry
- SharkNinja Operating LLC (fka Euro-Pro Operating LLC) – Senior Director of Intellectual Property
- STATS ChipPAC (acquired by Jiangsu Changjiang Electronics Technology Co., Ltd. (JCET)) – IP Counsel
- TriQuint Semiconductor (now Qorvo) – Senior Research Scientist
- Intel Corporation – Process Engineer
Large Law Firm Experience:
- Greenberg Traurig
- Baker & McKenzie
John focuses his practice on all aspects of intellectual property including patents, trademarks, copyrights, trade dress and trade secrets. His areas of patent expertise include chemical, optical, electrical and semiconductor devices. John is also well-versed in drafting, reviewing and negotiating a variety of licenses and agreements, including master services agreements, common-interest agreements, patent cross-licenses, indemnity agreements, and non-disclosure agreements. Additionally, John has conducted patent clearances and can provide non-infringement and freedom-to-operate opinions, as well as business-oriented advice for developing, implementing and aligning intellectual property strategy with business objectives.
Prior to joining FisherBroyles, John was Senior Director of IP at SharkNinja, the maker of Shark cleaning products and Ninja kitchen appliances where John headed the IP department. Before his legal profession, John graduated from Berkeley and Stanford and was an engineer in the semiconductor industry for nearly 10 years with Intel Corporation and TriQuint Semiconductor (now Qorvo).
Leveraging his skills and former in-house counsel knowledge, John is a dedicated and trusted business and legal advisor that implements the most practical and cost-efficient solution for his clients, allowing them to focus on growing and developing their businesses.