Joseph Schramm, III
- E: firstname.lastname@example.org
- T: (856) 733-0220
- F: (856) 393-1431
- Princeton Office
- Environmental Health & Safety
- First Amendment
- Litigation – Civil Pretrial and Trial Services
- Litigation & Risk Management
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- Rutgers University School of Law – Camden, J.D., Cum Laude
- The College of New Jersey, B.S., Chemistry, Magna Cum Laude
Large Law Firm Experience:
- Fox Rothschild LLP
- Duane Morris LLP
Joe is a business trial lawyer who represents plaintiffs and defendants in sophisticated commercial disputes. He represents large corporations, small business and individuals before federal and state courts at the trial and appellate levels. Joe employs a practical, results-oriented approach to aggressively pursue his clients’ interests.
Joe’s diverse practice includes experience handling contract and U.C.C. claims; commercial landlord-tenant disputes; construction disputes; copyright and trademark infringement claims; defamation claims; false advertising, consumer fraud and deceptive trade practices act claims; directors’ and officers’ claims; environmental torts; injunctions; insurance issues; bid protests; post-judgment collection; restrictive covenants; and shareholder and partnership disputes.
Before FisherBroyles, LLP, Joe was a senior associate in Fox Rothschild LLP’s litigation department and an associate in Duane Morris LLP’s trial practice group. At Rutgers School of Law – Camden, Joe was a Dean’s Academic Excellence Scholar and a Merck Patent Fellowship Recipient. While in law school, Joe provided legal assistance to local residents through the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) Project and the Pro Bono Bankruptcy Project.
- New Jersey Supreme Court District IIIB Ethics Committee, Member
- New Jersey Super Lawyers, Rising Star (2014-2017)
Representative Cases Include
- Represents JD2Environmental in Battle Over JFK Sewage Leak Coverage
- Represented the low bidder for a public contract in successful appeal to the New Jersey Supreme Court, which reinstated the contract award that had been reversed by a lower court. Barrick v. New Jersey, 218 N.J. 247 (2014).
- Represented publicly-traded logistics company during week-long arbitration hearing in post-merger dispute, resulting in award of more than $650,000 and injunctive relief.
- Represented publishing company in jury trial involving cross-claims including employment discrimination, fraud, and breach of purchase agreement, resulting in favorable settlement mid-trial.
- Represented chemical manufacturer in defense of environmental tort action, resulting in favorable settlement.
- Represented chemical manufacturer in defense of putative class action alleging environmental torts.
- Represented publisher in insurance coverage lawsuit, resulting in complete recovery of attorneys’ fees incurred to defend class action lawsuit and to pursue lawsuit for insurance coverage.
- Progress Towards a DNA-based Model System for Studying Electron Spin-Spin Interactions, Chen, X.J., Szklarski, R.A., Tuohy, C., Schramm, J., Skiff, H., Hummel, K., Vacirca, N., Wolf, B. A., and Hirsh, D.J., (2007) Biophysical Chemistry 129 (2-3):148-162