Martha Crandall Coleman
T: (214) 675-0718
Please direct mail and courier deliveries to:
5220 McKinney Ave.
Dallas, TX 75205
- University of Texas; J.D., 1985
- Grinnell College; B.A. Political Science
Large Law Firm Experience:
- Strasburger & Price, LLP
Board Certified in Construction Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization, Ms. Coleman represents clients involved in the construction industry, including owners, general contractors and subcontractors.
Marty’s practice includes construction contract negotiations, including providing analysis and advice on issues such as project documentation, indemnity, insurance, payment, close-out and warranty obligations. She is well-versed in various construction delivery methods including integrated project delivery (IPD), construction manager at risk and design build.
She also counsels clients on the resolution of contract disputes, including payment disputes, faulty work claims and mechanics lien claims, either through negotiation and mediation or through litigation or arbitration.
Marty also serves as an arbitrator of construction disputes through the American Arbitration Association Construction panel, and as a mediator.
Representative Transactions Include
- Negotiated construction contracts for major performing arts facilities in Dallas and San Antonio.
- Negotiated construction contracts for museums in North Texas.
- Negotiated construction contracts for a major hospital in North Texas.
Presentations and Teaching Experience
- How do we get this finished? An overview of options available to the surety, the owner and the contractor, Texas Bar Construction Section Meeting (March 2016)
- BIM – Building Information Modeling, Texas Bar Construction Section Meeting (March 2015)
- State Bar of Texas – Construction Law Section, Council member (2014-2017)
- Dallas Bar Association – Construction Law Section