Matthew S. Moore, III
- E: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Direct — Charleston: (843) 268-4372
- Direct — Atlanta: (404) 664-3677
- Mobile: (843) 518-7776
- Offices: Carolinas, Atlanta, Charlotte, Dallas and Denver
- Real Estate
- Financial Services & Lending
- Commercial Transactions
- North Carolina
- South Carolina
- University of South Carolina School of Law, JD, 1988. Member, South Carolina Law Review
- Texas A & M University, B.B.A. Marketing, 1980
Large Law Firm Experience
- Smith Moore Leatherwood, LLP
- Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.
- Nexsen Pruet, LLC
Matt represents local, regional, and national developers and lenders in the acquisition, development, financing and disposition of commercial real estate, including (among many other things) drafting and negotiation of purchase and sale agreements, real estate secured loan documentation, shared easement declarations, restrictive covenants, development agreements, shared use agreements, land banking agreements and land take down contracts. Matt also has significant experience in the representation of clients in timber property acquisitions and dispositions. Having experienced a number of economic cycles over the course of his career, as the need arises Matt counsels lender and owner/borrower clients with, and assists in the documentation and negotiation of, loan workouts and restructurings of real estate secured loans and in the acquisition, repositioning, redevelopment and disposition of distressed real estate assets, including real estate secured loan portfolios and commercial REO properties. Matt is an approved attorney and agent for Chicago Title Insurance Company, Commonwealth Land Title Insurance Company, Fidelity National Title Insurance Company, and First American Title Insurance Company. His experience, diligence and patience have proved to be invaluable to clients in analyzing, formulating strategy for, and implementing successful resolution of complex title issues allowing strategic properties to be developed or redeveloped.
Representative Transactions Include:
- Represented developer in multi-owner land assemblages including heirs property title clearance, multi-jurisdiction cross municipal annexation and entitlements issuance and concurrent sale of entitled development tract to regional builder.
- Represented developer in real property aspects of acquisition of historic mill property redevelopment project, including participation in State brownfields program, federal and state tax credits and historic preservation matters.
- Represented lenders in numerous forbearance, deed in lieu, loan modification, loan restructure and loan workout transactions.
- Represented owner/investor in multi-property/asset disposition of commercial and development parcels acquired through loan portfolio acquisition from regional lender.Represented private timber holding and investment company in complex disposition of large contiguous timber tract holdings and acquisition of multiple replacement timber tracts in multi-state tax deferred exchange transaction.
- Represented developer in multiple acquisitions involving State brownfields programs participation and ultimate disposition of rehabilitated sites through direct development or sale to third parties.