T: (214) 490 0807
T: (214) 273 7050
- All United States District Courts in Texas Fifth Circuit
- Cornell University, B.S.
- Tulane University School of Law, J.D.
Mike Maslanka practices employment law by a simple credo: manage the work force before the work force manages you. He does so through counseling, training, litigation and, if necessary, trial. In the past ten years he has tried to verdict numerous cases across Texas, including defense of a variety of claims: age discrimination, sexual harassment, gender discrimination, retaliation, the FMLA and the FLSA. He has also represents employers in non-compete and employee raiding cases involving trade secrets and injunctive relief. Want to see him? He does a video blog for the State Bar of Texas, “Mike Maslanka @ Your Desk“(link) where he discusses emerging legal issues, jury persuasion, and trial tactics.
Mike loves practicing employment law, and teaches as an affiliate professor at the University of North Texas College of Law, and is an instructor for the deposition training program for NITA (National Institute for Trial Advocacy). His employment law colleagues rate him in Chambers USA as treating clients in a “holistic manner”; as “one of the best teachers of employment law”; “intellectually fertile”; and “just great before a jury”.
If you have a question about employment law in Texas, he invites you to call him directly or email him. He’d be more than happy to speak with you. Feel free to get LinkedIn with Mike by going to www.linkedin.com/in/MichaelMaslanka.
- Maslanka’s Field Guide to the FMLA (4th edition)
- Maslanka’s Field Guide to the FLSA (3rd edition)
- Maslanka’s Field Guide to the Texas Labor Code (2d Edition)
- Maslanka’s Field Guide to the ADA (2d edition)
- Maslanka’s Pocket Guide to Employment Law (2d edition)
- Texas Employment Law Letter (Monthly newsletter, January 1990 to present)
He writes “Work Matter”, a monthly column for “InHouse” Texas, part of Texas Lawyer, addressing the concerns and issues facing corporate counsel.