Alastair (Ali) Warr’s practice includes all facets of intellectual property, including patent litigation, trademark litigation, copyright litigation, and trade secret litigation, PTAB (post grant review (PGR) and inter partes review (IPR)), patent, trademark and copyright prosecution and transactions. Ali has litigated and counseled clients in various industries including aerospace, gas turbine engines, GPS systems, power tools, battery chemistry, renewable energy, audio electronics, medical devices, electronics, IT, software, cybersecurity, water treatment, animal vaccines, and construction.
- Representative Experience
Counsel for the party in bold:
- Epitopix, LLC d/b/a Vaxxinova US v. Elanco Animal Health, Inc., represented patent owner regarding infringement of livestock vaccine patents.
- Dodson International Parts, Inc. v. Williams International Co., LLC, Dist. Kansas, arbitration award for client in defense of breach of contract, fraud, Federal Aviation Regulations and antitrust claims relating to jet engine repairs. Award confirmed by the Kansas District Court at Dodson Int’l. Parts, Inc. v. Williams Int’l. Co., LLC, 2020 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 103873 (June 15, 2020), affirmed on appeal at 12 F.4th 1212 (10th Cir. 2021).
- In re Force Management Holdings I, LLC, represented client in appeal of a refusal to register trademark that resulted in reversal of the refusal to register. 2019 TTAB LEXIS 398 (TTAB 2019).
- Skin Consultants, LLC and J&K Management, LLC v. Textron Aviation et al and Williams International Co., LLC,D. Mississippi, aviation (jet engine) repair tort claim, dismissed with prejudice after order compelling arbitration at 2018 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 165319 (N.D. Miss. 2018).
- Orthosie Sys., LLC v. Synovia Sols., LLC, defense of NPE patent infringement claim settled.
- JSI Safety, Inc. v. Voxx International Corporation, et al., C.D. Cal., defended claims involving multiple patents and corresponding IPRs in automotive electronic market.
- Synovia Solutions, LLC, Petitioner, Zonar Systems Inc., N.D. California, patent covering Web Based Vehicle Tracking and User on-board Status System, IPR petition granted and case settled.
- Redwall Live Corporation v. ESG Security, Inc., D. Ind., copyright infringement complaint dismissed with prejudice and six-figure fee awarded to client at 2015 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 22267 (S.D. Ind. 2015).
- AvidAir Helicopter Supply, Inc. v. Rolls-Royce Corporation,D. Mo., favorable judgment for trade secret misappropriation involving gas turbine engines with damages award and permanent injunction, favorable judgment on counterclaims for antitrust affirmed on appeal by the Eighth Circuit Court of Appeals at 663 F.3d 966 (8th Cir. 2011).
- Seminars & Presentations
- “Civil Trade Secret Litigation”, InfraGard Conference July 2014
- “Fundamentals of Patent Law: A Practical Introduction to Obtaining and Enforcing Patents, N.B.I.”, December 2007
- “Fundamentals of Acquisition Transactions in Indiana: Special Asset Considerations – Intellectual Property”, April 2007 and April 2006
- “Federal Civil Practice: A Guide for Indiana Attorneys”, April 2002 and April 2004
- Civil Litigation of Trade Secret Misappropriation, Infraguard National Conference, Minneapolis, MN, July 2014.
- Identifying, Protecting and Profiting from IP, ACC, 2010
Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals
Eighth Circuit Court of Appeals
Tenth Circuit Court of Appeals
Federal Circuit Court of Appeals
U.S. Supreme Court
U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
Indiana University-Indianapolis; JD
Indiana University-Bloomington; B.S. Biology, 1987; B.A. Chemistry, 1988
Prior Law Firm Experience
Krieg DeVault LLP, Partner 2002-2014
Chair of IP and Technology Group