I am a Business crime lawyer with a particular focus on health and safety. I have handled a broad range of regulatory investigations and prosecutions over the last 29 years, assisting both companies and individuals to minimise the risk facing them through criminal liabilities arising from internal or external investigations. I have the knowledge and resources to work on domestic and international business crime litigation matters including health and safety; bribery and corruption, environmental crimes; product safety; white collar crime.
I advise Boards of Directors and have developed a range of training programmes and tools to help Directors understand their responsibilities, and understand how to deal with crisis situations should they occur. I run an innovative training programme which involves coaching Directors undergoing a simulated interview under caution, so participants can experience the reality of an external criminal investigation. Clients and peers praise my practical and proactive approach in providing this Board-level advice, such that I am regarded as a trusted adviser.
Chambers and Partners 2021 and 2022 edition stated Anne Davies has significant ...
- Representative Transactions
- Advising companies on Inquest proceedings following fatal accidents
- Advising the Board of a major oil and gas PLC on a corporate manslaughter investigation.
- Advising a sub-contractor on Health and Safety aspects arising from the construction of The Shard
- Advising a leading logistics company on Police and HSE investigations following accidents in the workplace
- Acting as co-counsel on a Police and HSE investigation into an accident involving military personnel
- Advising a Luxury Brand on product safety issues associated with counterfeit goods and high lead levels.
- Advising a property developer through an interview under caution for alleged breaches of fire safety.
- Advising numerous global food and hospitality businesses on in investigations and prosecutions for food safety
- Advising an employee of a business on an investigation into food fraud.
- Advising an individual on extradition proceedings to the US, following an indictment relating to FX markets
- Advising an individual in an internal investigation by a bank into alleged criminal conduct associated with coordinated trading activity
- Advising Boards on their individual and collective responsibilities for Safety in the workplace
- Advising a construction company on its Covid working arrangements
- Advising an automotive company on various HSE(Health and Safety Executive) investigations into occupational health
- Advising companies on how to structure internal investigations following an accident in the work place
- Presentations and Teaching Experience
I regularly present to clients on topics relevant to my practice areas. I also speak at external seminars and am regarded as an engaging speaker.
Why incident investigations matter in the boardroom. (April 2022)
Sustainability has become a key word in the boardroom, but what does it really mean? (March 2021)
I am a contributing author to Corporate Liability: Work Related Death and Criminal Prosecutions 3rd Edition published by Bloomsbury.
FisherBroyles UK LLP (“FisherBroyles UK”) is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC426505, and which practices from 1 Ropemaker Street, London, EC2Y 9HT. A list of members of FisherBroyles UK is available for inspection at that address. FisherBroyles UK is authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with registered number 658162. FisherBroyles UK is connected with its affiliate in the US, FisherBroyles LLP, although they are two separate legal entities. The word “partner” denotes a member of FisherBroyles UK or an employee or consultant with equivalent standing and qualifications.
A list of the members of FisherBroyles UK is available for inspection at the above address. Further information about FisherBroyles UK can be found in the UK Legal Notice and Privacy Notice.
See our labor, employment, and benefits team, and view details regarding our fees for employment matters .
FisherBroyles UK opposes all forms of slavery and human trafficking, and is committed to taking steps to ensure that these do not occur in its business or in its supply chains. For further details, see our Modern Slavery and Human Trafficking Statement.
We are committed to providing a high-quality legal service to all our clients. For more details, see our Complaint Handling Procedure.
England & Wales
Chester College of Law Law Society Finals First Class Honours
University College of Wales Aberystwyth
Prior Law Firm Experience
Crowell and Moring