Ben focuses his practice on employment and labor counseling and litigation. While Ben counsels clients on a wide range of federal, state, and local laws, he is known as a trusted advisor to New Jersey employers who seek guidance on employment issues or face litigation with current or former employees.
Ben’s experience includes defending New Jersey and Pennsylvania employers against claims of discrimination, harassment, hostile work environment, wage and hour violations, and retaliation under the ADA, Title VII, ADEA, FMLA, FLSA, NJLAD, CEPA, NJWHL and PHRA, in state and federal courts at the trial and appellate level, as well as before the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) and state administrative agencies, such as the New Jersey Division on Civil Rights (DCR).
He has experience representing public employers before the Public Employment Relations Commission and the New Jersey Office of Administrative Law. Additionally, Ben has fully litigated multiple disputes before labor arbitrators. This includes the first successful removal of a tenured teacher for inefficiency under the TEACHNJ Act.
Ben also counsels employers on employee management and com...
- Presentations & Teaching Experience
- Moderator, Employment Practice in Federal Court, Sidney Reitman Employment Law American Inn of Court (November 15, 2022)
- Moderator, Conversation on Implicit Bias, Sidney Reitman Employment Law American Inn of Court (February 22, 2022)
- Moderator, Appellate Judge Panel Discussion, Sidney Reitman Employment Law American Inn of Court (February 2020)
- Co-Author, “The Viability of Freestanding Claims for Failure to Accommodate Disabilities Remains Unsettled,” New Jersey State Bar Association Labor and Employment Quarterly (May 2019)
- Co-Author, “Explicitly Excluding Evidence of Implicit Bias in Employment Cases,” DRI’s For the Defense Magazine (January 22, 2019)
- Author, “Employee Arbitration Agreements In NJ Face New Hurdles,” Law360 (December 12, 2018)
- Co-Author, “Pa. Proposes Significant Increase to Overtime Salary Thresholds,” The Legal Intelligencer (July 2, 2018)
- Co-Author, “ADA Title III Litigation: The Dramatic Increase in ADA Lawsuits That is Forcing Many Businesses to Make Tough Decisions,” New Jersey Lawyer Magazine (April 2018)
- Author, “The Right to Reputation in New Hampshire,” Rutgers Law Journal (2010)
- Sidney Reitman Employment Law American Inn of Court, Executive Director, Southern New Jersey
United States Court of Appeals, Third Circuit
United States District Court, District of New Jersey
United States District Court, Eastern District of Pennsylvania
United States District Court, Middle District of Pennsylvania
Rutgers University School of Law – Camden, J.D., 2011
Rutgers University, B.A., 2007
Prior Law Firm Experience
Dilworth Paxson LLP; Post & Schell, P.C.
Brown & Connery LLP