Cathleen D. Allen represents lenders and borrowers in financing transactions, including mortgage, mezzanine, construction, and leasehold financing, and those involving industrial development agencies, interest rate swaps/caps and 1031 exchanges. Cathy has experience with negotiating and documenting revolving credit facilities and term loans, participation agreements, and intercreditor arrangements among lenders.
Cathy also represents businesses and individuals in real estate sales, acquisitions and leases of retail, hotel, office, industrial, and other real estate. Her experience includes ground lease transactions, representing both ground lessors and ground lessees.
Cathy believes in partnering with her clients to learn how she can help them solve their problems and achieve their goals.
- Representative Transactions
• Represented lender in connection with negotiating intercreditor agreement and loan to personal injury law firm.
• Represented financial institution in ground lease office building financing.
• Represented company in land transaction involving industrial development agency.
• Counseled public benefit corporation in the sale of over 500 storm-damaged properties to various municipalities, not-for-profit organizations, and other third parties.
• Negotiated lease of retail space for tenant’s restaurant use.
• Represented purchaser in acquisition of commercial condominium for doctor’s office.
• Represented seller in sale/leaseback of commercial office building.
• Represented lender in financing of mixed-use land development. Advised hotel developer in financing of New York City hotels.
Washington University School of Law, J.D.
Visiting Student, Fordham University School of Law
Duke University, A.B.
Prior Law Firm Experience
North Fork Bancorporation, Inc. (n/k/a Capital One Financial Corporation), Assistant Counsel