Christopher Schultz concentrates his practice in the areas of corporate securities, fund formation, and mergers & acquisitions. He serves as a key strategic advisor to public and private companies, private equity funds, hedge funds, and private real estate funds. His practice includes significant work on cross border transactions representing both U.S. companies making outbound investments into Europe, Latin America and Asia and foreign companies making inbound investments into the United States.
Mr. Schultz has led numerous transactions involving the negotiation and implementation of mergers and acquisitions of public and private companies; the structuring and implementation of equity and debt offerings and other capital markets transactions; and the negotiation of complex financings. Mr. Schultz has also served as a senior officer of a New York Stock Exchange company and his business and finance experience and strategic perspective have made him a key advisor to clients in a variety of industries.
Mr. Schultz frequently advises private business owners and chief financial officers regarding strategic transactions, raising capital, intellectual property rights,...
- Corporate Experience
- Treasurer, ASARCO
- Associate General Counsel and Head of Capital Markets and M&A, ASARCO
- Restructurings with Cross-Border Investments: Maintaining U.S. Bureau of Economic Analysis Regulatory Compliance and Meeting May and June 2015 Deadlines, The Bureau of National Affairs Bankruptcy Law Reporter, March 19, 2015.
- S. Regulatory Compliance for Cross-Border Investments, Belgian Chamber of Commerce Magazine, April 7, 2016.
- Speaking Engagements
- Foreign Company Compliance with U.S. Department of Commerce Mandatory Reporting Obligations, IBLC Annual General Meeting, Brussels, Belgium, September 18, 2015.
- US-China-Latin America Trade and Investment: Natural Resources: A Case Study, IBLC Conference, Sao Paolo, Brazil, April 4, 2014.
Boston University School of Law, JD
Middlebury College, Bachelor’s degrees, Political Science and Russian
Prior Law Firm Experience
Porzio, Bromberg & Newman