Dr. Christy Rothwell specializes in developing creative and practical strategies to secure and protect intellectual property for key assets and increase value for her clients. She has particular expertise in finding solutions for complex issues and implementing strategies for overall product life cycles and business goals. Christy has 20 years of experience providing guidance to corporations, academic institutions, start-ups, and individuals at all levels of engagement and product development.
Christy is well-rounded in all facets of intellectual property: patents, trademarks, trade secrets, copyright, licensing, contracts, due diligence, business development, opinions, and litigation support, particularly in the life science and pharmaceutical sector, including innovator, generic, complex, and biologic/biosimilar products. She has assisted clients in a variety of technologies, such as proteins, antibodies, gene therapy, pharmaceutical compounds and formulations, methods of treatment, diagnostics, medical devices, as well as other areas such as water filters and high-tech products.
Underlying Christy’s experience is her business acumen attained as in-house counsel ...
- Corporate Experience
- Bexion Pharmaceuticals, V.P.- Legal, Intellectual Property
- Thorley Industries, dba 4moms, Intellectual Property Counsel
- Mylan, Associate Global IP Counsel
- Publications and Presentations
- Christy Rothwell Jarrett, Tin Cao, D.S. Bressette, M. Cepeda, Paul E. Young, C. Richter King, and Stephen W. Byers. Human APC2 localization, regulation, and allelic imbalance in ovarian cancer. Cancer Research, 2001 Nov 1; 61(21):7978-84.
- Albanese C, Wu K, D'Amico M, Jarrett C, Joyce D, Hughes J, Hulit J, Sakamaki T, Fu M, Ben-Ze'ev A, Bromberg JF, Lamberti C, Verma U, Gaynor RB, Byers SW, Pestell RG. IKKalpha regulates mitogenic signaling through transcriptional induction of cyclin D1 via Tcf. Mol Biol Cell. 2003 Feb;14(2):585-99.
- T. MacKown, D.A. Van Sanford, and C. Rothwell. Nitrate Uptake and Assimilation and Chlorate Tolerance of Wheat. Crop Science 36:313-318, 1996.
- Christy R. Jarrett, Carmela Lamberti, Keng-Mean Lin, Richard B. Gaynor, Stephen W. Byers. The IKK complex regulates B-catenin signaling. 2001 Wnt Meeting. (Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center)
- Christy R. Jarrett, Carmela Lamberti, Keng-Mean Lin, Richard B. Gaynor, Stephen W. Byers. The IKK complex regulates B-catenin signaling. 2001 Integration of Signaling Pathways in Development Keystone Conference.
- Christy R. Jarrett, Carmela Lamberti, Keng-Mean Lin, Richard B. Gaynor, Stephen W. Byers. The IKK complex regulates B-catenin signaling. 2000 American Society of Cell Biology Conference.
- Darren Wolfe, Chang-Sook Hong, Christy Rothwell Jarrett, Joseph Glorioso. Utilization of the Stable HSV-1 LAT Intron for Delivery of Antisense RNA. ASGT. 1999.
- Darren Wolfe, Chang-Sook Hong, Christy Rothwell Jarrett, Theodore Kaplan, Joseph Glorioso. Use of the Stable HSV-1 LAT Intron for Delivery of Antigene RNA. 1999 HSV Workshop.
- Christy Rothwell, Ramachandran Subramaniam, D. Allan Butterfield. Several Synthetic Peptides Form Free Radicals in Solution That Are Toxic to Biomolecules. 1995 Southeast/Southwest Joint Regional American Chemical Society Conference.
Duquesne University, J.D., 2006
Georgetown University, Ph.D., 2001
Georgetown College, B.S., 1996
Prior Law Firm Experience
Cohen & Grigsby
Pietragallo, Gordon, Alfano, Bosick, and Raspanti