Craig’s practice primarily focuses on preparing and prosecuting patent applications in the mechanical, software, electrical, electro-mechanical, and civil areas of technology. His practice also includes advising clients on various intellectual property protection strategies; drafting and prosecuting design patent applications; protecting foreign intellectual property rights; drafting patentability, freedom to operate, and invalidity opinions; analyzing domestic and foreign patent rights; performing and supervising patent-related searches; preparing and prosecuting trademark and copyright applications; and drafting technology-related agreements.
Before beginning his legal career, Craig was a senior engineer at Lockheed Martin Space Systems of Denver, Colorado; initially, on the Evolved Expendable Launch Vehicle systems engineering team, then as the designer of the Atlas V launch vehicle liquid oxygen and RP1 feed systems. In this latter role, he performed mechanical design, structural analysis, and supervised pre-launch testing of various Atlas V propulsion system components. Before entering the private sector, Craig was a research assistant at Georgia Tech’s Aerospace Sys...
- Corporate Experience
Lockheed Martin Space Systems
- Presentations & Teaching Experience
- “Design Patents 101,” American Intellectual Property Lawyers Association’s 2019 Design Rights Boot Camp, Chicago, IL.
- “Design Patents 101,” American Intellectual Property Lawyers Association’s 2018 Design Rights Boot Camp, Washington, DC.
- “A Seat in the Gallery: A look at the players and alliances in three upcoming patent cases before Supreme Court,” Rocky Mountain IP Institute 2014.
- “Patent Prosecution: Insights and Updates.” CLE International Presentation. 2013.
- “AIA Odds and Ends,” CLE International Presentation. 2012.
- “Claims with Precise Numerical Values – A Cautionary Tale,” IP & Technology Law BLOG, June 6, 2019
- “Preserving Patent Rights on a Global Stage: Foreign Filing Options and How to Successfully Navigate Novelty Requirements,” IP & Technology Law BLOG, Jan 17, 2019.
- “America Invents Act: Next Elements Ready to Take Effect,” Law Week Colorado, Aug 20, 2012.
- “U.S. Patent Reform 2011,” Law Week Colorado, Oct 3, 2011.
- “A Fresh Perspective on Design Patents,” The Colorado Lawyer, July 2009.
Super Lawyers (Colorado) 2017-2020
The United States District Court for the District of Colorado
United States Patent and Trademark Office
Department of Veterans Affairs
University of Denver, JD, 2003
Georgia Institute of Technology, M.S. in Aerospace Engineering, 1994
University of Illinois, B.S. in Aeronautical and Astronautical Engineering, 1993
Prior Law Firm Experience
Sheridan Ross PC
Lewis Brisbois Bisgaard & Smith LLP