Dan focuses on leading cross-border investment and strategic transactions for clients, particularly in the hospitality, real estate, healthcare, fintech, consumer goods and infrastructure areas. His depth of knowledge is in the corporate, commercial, and finance aspects of these matters, but they often involve a full range of employment, regulatory, disputes, tax and other matters. Clients look to Dan for the full range of legal, negotiations, business and cultural skills needed to succeed in these undertakings.
Dan’s experience in business and finance gives him a valuable perspective on the matters and objectives driving transactions. Having spent half his career living and working abroad, he brings real world perspectives to crossing borders and cultures. Dan’s career has come full circle. He started as an associate in a large law firm, then moved to an in-house counsel role, followed by business executive and corporate finance positions before coming back to the practice of law. His clients appreciate the 360 degree understanding of how large business, finance, governmental and professional organisations work and operate.
- Representative Transactions
- Advising several family offices on strategic investments in fintech, blockchain, crypto and defi companies.
- Advising a medical devices group on international distribution agreements
- Advising a US private equity group on the acquisition of Aman Resorts
- Advising a Middle East family office on a billion dollar portfolio of Class A real estate investments in the US.
- Advising an infrastructure fund on the acquisition of a listed refineries group
- Advising a private investor in negotiating a management and condo hotel pooling Agreement with Six Senses Hotels
- Advising an Asian private equity fund on the refinancing of a deluxe Chicago Hotel
- Corporate Experience
- Presenter, “Capital Stacking”. Roux Institute of Northeastern University.
- Presenter, Understanding Hotel Management and Franchise Agreements, Henry Stewart
Conferences, London, England, November 2019.
- Presenter, LawPracticeCLE Course “Buying and Selling Hotel Companies”,
Chicago, August, 2019
- “Hotel Brands, Online Travel Agents and Customer Loyalty”, Retail and Leisure International, March 2018.
FisherBroyles UK LLP (“FisherBroyles UK”) is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC426505, and which practices from 1 Ropemaker Street, London, EC2Y 9HT. A list of members of FisherBroyles UK is available for inspection at that address. FisherBroyles UK is authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with registered number 658162. FisherBroyles UK is connected with its affiliate in the US, FisherBroyles LLP, although they are two separate legal entities. The word “partner” denotes a member of FisherBroyles UK or an employee or consultant with equivalent standing and qualifications.
A list of the members of FisherBroyles UK is available for inspection at the above address. Further information about FisherBroyles UK can be found in the UK Legal Notice and Privacy Notice.
See our labor, employment, and benefits team, and view details regarding our fees for employment matters .
FisherBroyles UK opposes all forms of slavery and human trafficking, and is committed to taking steps to ensure that these do not occur in its business or in its supply chains. For further details, see our Modern Slavery and Human Trafficking Statement.
We are committed to providing a high-quality legal service to all our clients. For more details, see our Complaint Handling Procedure.
England and Wales, Registered Foreign Lawyer
University of Chicago
Prior Law Firm Experience