Mr. Kern is a commercial and business litigator who has a special focus on sophisticated business disputes, risk management and liability defense. In addition to contract disputes, he has extensive background litigating business torts such as fraud, negligent misrepresentations, trade secrets, and covenants not to compete. He also has an extensive background with insurance bad faith claims, construction litigation, foreclosure actions, banking and commercial lending, receivership litigation, lender liability, fiduciary litigation, and real estate loan workouts/restructuring. He also practices in the area of real estate litigation, including eminent domain and easement disputes.
Mr. Kern’s experience includes first chair trial experience and litigation management, mediations and appellate practice in federal and state courts. He has partnered with a wide range of clients, including major corporations, closely held businesses, private individuals, and financial institutions nationwide.
A Story of Client Success
As lead litigation attorney, Mr. Kern successfully resolved the most complex civil dispute ever to be litigated in Hamilton County (Ci...
- Press and Media Coverage
- Could a Former Paper Factory Find New Life as a $30 Million Sports Complex?, Cincinnati Business Courier (Oct. 9, 2014).
- Cincinnati Hopes Decrepit Lot Becomes New Sports Complex, ConnectSports.com
- Hamilton, a 19th Century Mill Town, Sees Growth in Green Tech and Advanced Manufacturing, WCPO Cincinnati (Sept 14, 2014)
- Hamilton Joes Looking for a New Home, Local 12 (June 26, 2014)
- Kenwood Towne Place Developer Daniels Takes the Stand, Cincinnati Business Courier (Dec. 17, 2013)
- State Rules in Butler Co. Election Board Flap, Cincinnati Enquirer (Dec. 9, 2013)
- Bank of America settles legal dispute against Kenwood Towne Place Investors, WCPO Cincinnati (July 5, 2013)
- Newly Unsealed Court Documents Detail Fraud at Kenwood Towne Place Project, WCPO Cincinnati (May 24, 2013)
- Former Kenwood Towne Place Developer Appears in Court, Fox19 Digital Media (Jan. 10, 2013)
- Kenwood Managing Director Indicted for Fraud, Conspiracy, Federal Bureau of Investigation, Cincinnati Division (Nov. 16, 2012)
- Prosecutors: Kenwood Towne Place Developer Diverted $2.8M, WLWT.com (Nov. 16, 2012)
- Kenwood Towne Place Developer Indicted, WCPO Cincinnati (Nov. 16, 2012)
- Kenwood Towne Place—U.S. Bank Business Watch (Aug. 5, 2012)
- Kenwood Towne Place is Sold Again, Fox19 Digital Media (July 25, 2012)
- Strategic Investment Fund Acquires Kenwood Towne Place, Phillips Edison & Company (July 24, 2012)
- Bank of America Snags Kenwood Towne Place for $27M, GlobeSt.com News Hub (July 13, 2012)
- Kenwood Towne Place Sold, Bank of America’s $27.5M Bid Wins, Cincinnati Enquirer (July 12, 2012)
- Kenwood Towne Place Auctioned Off, 91.7 WVXU (July 12, 2012)
- Not So Simple; “Simply Money” Host Among Those in Heat Over Kenwood Towne Place Debt, But Questions Remain, CityBeat (May 15, 2012).
- Kenwood Towne Place Still on Hold, 1230 The Buzz (July 1, 2010)
- Deadline Extended for Kenwood Towne Place, Fox19 (Dec. 4, 2009)
- Bank Sues Kenwood Towne Place Developers, Cincinnati Enquirer (May 29, 2009)
- Buckeye Egg Operator to Take Over, Toledo Blade, (Dec. 4, 2003)
- Key Dates in Buckeye Egg Farm’s Troubled History, Cleveland Plain Dealer (June 2, 2003)
- Passing the Buckeye: CEO to Sell Troubled Egg Farm, Columbus Business First (May 20, 2002)
- State Proposes Revoking Buckeye Egg’s Permits, Cincinnati Enquirer (April 23, 2002)
- Buckeye Egg Cries Foul, Toledo Blade (Dec. 17, 2001)
- Buckeye Egg Farm Has Long History of Problems, Farm and Dairy (Oct. 24, 2000)
- Egg Farm Agrees to Court Order, Cincinnati Enquirer (Dec. 22, 1999)
- Egg Producer Sued by Ohio EPA, Cincinnati Enquirer (Dec. 3, 1999)
David G. Kern
U.S. Court of Appeals, 6th Circuit
U.S. District Court, Southern District of Ohio
U.S. District Court, Northern District of Ohio
U.S. District Court, Southern District of Indiana
The Ohio State University College of Law; J.D. 2000
Ohio State Law Journal
CALI Award for Excellence
Sewanee: The University of the South, B.A. 1996 (English and Political Science)
Order of the Gownsmen
Omicron Delta Kappa
Prior Law Firm Experience
Roetzel & Andress, L.P.A.