Mr. Rinkerman is an intellectual property (IP) attorney whose clients range from the largest international companies to startup and medium range businesses. He represents clients in matters involving IP generation, assessment, enforcement, defense, and transactions in the areas of product design, manufacturing, distribution, retail, digital media, software, film, music, advertising and fashion, He is also an Honorary Law Professor at Queen Mary University of London School of Law where he teaches U.S. IP law, including copyrights, trademarks, trade dress, patents (design and utility), trade secrets, rights of publicity, transactions, and related unfair competition law. He has counseled and represented clients in major litigation matters involving tens of millions of dollars and has worked on establishing IP best practices and clearance opinion processes for clients, including system establishment, evaluation, and on-site or on-line training presentations for inhouse counsel, managers and designers.
Opinion Work, Due Diligence & Best Practices
A significant portion of Mr. Rinkerman’s work includes the provision of legal analyses, opinions, and co...
- Corporate & Government Experience
- E.I. du Pont de Nemours and Co., Inhouse Counsel, General Legal, Petrochemicals & Engineering Division
- U.S. International Trade Commission, Senior Investigative Attorney – Section 337 IP Investigations
- Presentations & Teaching Experience
- Honorary Professor – U.S. IP Law, Transactions and Litigation – Queen Mary University of London School of Law.
- Regularly teaches U.S. IP law, including trademark, copyright, patent, rights of publicity, unfair competition, IP contracts and transactions, and Section 337 practice and procedure, for such institutions as Queen Mary University of London School of Law (“Queen Mary”) and George Mason University’s Technology Management Advanced MBA Program (“GMU”). Also serves as an Adjunct Professor at New York University; taught a course on IP rights and transactions with regard to “Big Data” and analytics.
- Regularly lectures for the European Intellectual Property Institutes Network (“EIPIN”), and for other academic and industry organizations.
Georgetown University Law Center
Rutgers University, BA, summa cum laude
Prior Law Firm Experience
Faegre, Drinker Biddle & Reath, LLP