Greg Johnson is a member of the Corporate Department and the Firm’s Mergers & Acquisitions practice.
Greg is a mergers and acquisitions lawyer representing buyers and sellers in the small/middle market space. Over 30 years, he has worked as lead attorney on transactions ranging in size from $5 million to over $500 million, helping clients address all phases of the deal from the initial nondisclosure agreement and letter of intent to due diligence, the definitive purchase agreement, ancillary agreements and closing. While Mr. Johnson has wide experience in many industries, he has particular specialization working with the build-out of portfolio companies of private equity firms, especially in the financial services, investment management and insurance brokerage sectors.
For public companies, private equity portfolio companies, and family businesses, Mr. Johnson serves either as outside general counsel or in tasked roles to manage risk and develop and achieve business objectives. Such representation includes day-to-day legal matters such as regulatory compliance, commercial contracts, employment, non-competition covenants, and office leases.
Mr. Johnson ha...
- Representative Transactions
Mr. Johnson served as a lead attorney on:
- Numerous acquisitions and sales of insurance brokerage and investment management firms
- Acquisition of national brokerage firm
- Acquisition of national accounting firm plus several regional firms by public company
- Acquisition of numerous tax return preparation businesses and franchisees by public company
- Merger of publicly-held life insurance company
- Sale of publicly-held business equipment services company
- Acquisition of business service division
- Acquisition of beef processing business
- Sale of factory conveyer system business
- Sale of publicly-held for-profit college education company
- Acquisition of internet browser software company
- Sale of publicly-held bank insurance company
- Sale of real estate appraisal servicing business
- Acquisition of business software company
- Venture capital investment in specialty chemical company
- Sale of ski resort and associated real estate
- Acquisition of several for-profit health services companies by non-profit company
- Sale of sport memorabilia company
- Acquisition of early-stage cloud-based businesses in financial services, logistics and telecommunications sectors.
University of Virginia, J.D., 1987
Valparaiso University, B.A., 1984
Prior Law Firm Experience
Bryan Cave Leighton Paisner LLP
Kemp Smith Duncan & Hammond