Jack Tsang is a Partner in the Firm’s Global Corporate Group. He is an advisor to companies at different stages of their lifecycles, from Series A through to IPO, as well as founders, venture capital, private equity and strategic investors. In addition to English law governed UK and European corporate and technology transactions, he also has particular expertise in cross-border investment and M&A, venture capital and capital markets deals involving the APAC region and the United States.
Jack’s experience spans the entire tech, digital, disruptive and innovation sectors and in recent years, he has developed a focus on Digital / IoT, HealthTech, Life Sciences and GreenTech. He is particularly active in the UK’s Cambridge, Oxford and London “tech triangle”, the Greater Bay Area of China, and other key innovation ecosystems in the Middle East and South East Asia. He is a Member of the Australian Computing Society and a Licentiate of the Institute of Biomedical Science UK. In addition, he also has expertise in international education franchising deals. He has advised on more than a dozen deals involving overseas campuses of prestigious British schools, and has also advise...
- Representative Transactions
- Spartan, the world’s leading endurance sports brand, in its investment in long-distance hiking event series HIGHLANDER and the formation of a strategic partnership.
- PFSweb, Inc, a Nasdaq listed global commerce services company, on its internal reorganisation and subsequent sale of LiveArea, its global customer experience and commerce agency business unit, to Merkle, Inc. for a consideration of approximately US$250 million.
- Asian consortium comprising numerous leading Chinese listed companies and institutional investors on its cash investment of £2.4 billion in Global Switch, the leading owner, operator and developer of large scale, carrier and cloud neutral data centres in Europe and Asia-Pacific.
- Teachers Insurance and Annuity Association of America on its investment into an Australian regulated entity with UK FCA regulated subsidiaries.
- A NASDAQ listed company on its auction bid to acquire ETX Capital, a UK FCA regulated online trading platform company.
Private equity and venture capital
- Government of Singapore Investment Corporation, the Singapore sovereign wealth fund on its investment into Avolon, the international aircraft leasing group.
- HAECO’s acquisition of TIMCO Aviation Services, Inc. based in the US, which created one of the world’s leading providers of aircraft maintenance, repair, overhaul services.
- Charlesbank Capital Partners on its acquisition of the IT infrastructure management operations of Acxiom Corporation.
- Series A investment into Lendinvest, a UK online lender specialising in the property market.
- Wuxi Weifu High-Technology Group on its US$30 million Series E investment into electric car technology firm Protean Holdings.
- Vaccitech Limited, an Oxford University spin-out on its master collaboration agreement with CanSino Biologics Inc.
- An Oxford University TMT sector spin-out on its potential collaboration with and investment from a leading Asian strategic investor.
Capital markets and public M&A
- Hong Kong’s Chong Hing Bank on its US$1.5 billion takeover by Yue Xiu Enterprises.
- Singapore’s OCBC on its US$4.95 billion privatisation of Wing Hang Bank.
- The underwriters on the Hong Kong IPO of The People’s Insurance Company of China, which was the largest IPO in Hong Kong in 2011-2012 and the fourth largest IPO globally (2012).
- Chinalco Mining Corporation International on its Hong Kong IPO.
- China Merchants Securities on the European aspects of its HK$16.35 billion A+H shares rights issue. This was the largest A+H shares rights issue since 2014 in terms of funds raised and the first PRC-listed securities firm to conduct A+H shares rights issue.
- Presentations & Teaching Experience
Jack is regularly invited to speak at events and roundtables on venture capital investment and cross-border transactions hosted by organisations such as the UK’s Department of International Trade and British High Commissions and Embassies internationally.
Jack has worked on the teams that advised on the following award-winning deals:
- The acquisition of Hong Kong’s Wing Hang Bank by Singapore’s Overaeas-Chinese Banking Corporation for a consideration of circa US$5 billion which won IFLR Asia Awards: M&A Deal of the Year and The American Lawyer’s Asia Legal Award: M&A Deal of the Year
- IPO of the People’s Insurance Company of China which was the largest IPO in Hong Kong and the fourth largest IPO globally and which set a global record for the number of underwriters and which won IFLR Asia Awards: Equity Deal of the Year.
- Member, Australian Computing Society
- Licentiate, Institute of Biomedical Science
- Committee member, Digital Innovation Committee, French Chamber of Commerce and Industry
- Committee member, Hong Kong Association and Society’s Business Network in London
- Chinese (Mandarin, Cantonese)
FisherBroyles UK LLP (“FisherBroyles UK”) is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC426505, and which practices from 1 Ropemaker Street, London, EC2Y 9HT. A list of members of FisherBroyles UK is available for inspection at that address. FisherBroyles UK is authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with registered number 658162. FisherBroyles UK is connected with its affiliate in the US, FisherBroyles LLP, although they are two separate legal entities. The word “partner” denotes a member of FisherBroyles UK or an employee or consultant with equivalent standing and qualifications.
A list of the members of FisherBroyles UK is available for inspection at the above address. Further information about FisherBroyles UK can be found in the UK Legal Notice and Privacy Notice.
FisherBroyles UK opposes all forms of slavery and human trafficking, and is committed to taking steps to ensure that these do not occur in its business or in its supply chains. For further details, see our Modern Slavery and Human Trafficking Statement.
We are committed to providing a high-quality legal service to all our clients. For more details, see our Complaint Handling Procedure.
England & Wales
New South Wales
Australian National University, Laws
Prior Law Firm Experience
Slaughter and May