Jamie is one of the UK’s leading employment lawyers.
He has a first class reputation for handling high stakes disputes, complex ER issues and significant human capital projects.
Jamie is described by the directories as “a very thoughtful, detailed lawyer, with an impressive, poised style” with clients commenting, “He doesn’t sit on the fence or just give you the law; he helps you come to a commercial decision and works very much in partnership with you.” The directories also note that he has a strong practice in business restructuring, including advising on all (collective and non collective) redundancy programmes.
Acting for a range of clients from UK and US listed businesses through to smaller organisations and senior executives, Jamie is a creative problem solver with a sharp business focus, and is highly regarded for his expertise in advising on significant litigation in the Employment Tribunal and the High Court, boardroom work (including handling exits in a listed environment, those within PE-backed private companies, and those with overlapping incentives’ issues) and workplace investigations.
Jamie is a...
- Representative Transactions
- Wolseley UK v Alsem and ors QB – successful applications for interim injunction relief, specific disclosure, confidentiality ring order, and contempt, arising from claims for misuse of confidential information, breach of duties and conspiracy. John Mehrzad QC instructed.
- UK/US listed business – advising on a two-year restructuring programme, including C-suite redundancies and people transfers to international jurisdictions.
- Advising on the restructuring of the UK commercial arm of a Global Retail Bank including a significant, UK-wide redundancy programme.
- Medinet v Mason QB – action to prevent damage arising via unlawful competition and misuse of confidential information, secured urgent without notice interim injunction before Mr Justice Jay. Competitive business closed down. John Mehrzad QC instructed.
- A listed media business – prevented misuse of confidential information and team move.
- Ladbible Group – group-wide business restructure following the purchase of a competitor out of administration.
- A technology business – advising on the management of a redundancy exit of a C-suite director who raised whistleblowing allegations regarding tax evasion by the CEO.
- A listed business – advising on a “me too” grievance by the CFO in relation to the CEO and non exec chairman. Working in conjunction with Mishcon de Reya on the independent investigation.
- WRG v Sawyer & Ors QBD – claim against two departing employees and their new employer in relation to conspiracy, protection of trade secrets, breach of contract injunction, springboard relief and a damages claim. John Mehrzad instructed.
- A large private company – advising (with investigations colleagues) on the investigation of a fraud by circa eight employees, including the CEO, and the subsequent disciplinary action.
- A listed business – Resistance of an application to the Central Arbitration Committee by an European Works Council. Andrew Burns QC instructed.
- International Financial Services business – An application to the High court to determine contractual entitlements.
- Acting for a FTSE100 chemicals business to protect trade secrets which an employee had misappropriated. The client was concerned that the secrets might be sold to a foreign State. Chris Quinn instructed.
- Successful defence of a claim in the ET for unfair dismissal, whistleblowing and discrimination on the ground of sexual orientation combined with an overlapping action in the High Court, in respect of lost equity, by the CEO of a subsidiary of a PE backed Life Sciences business.
- Presentations & Teaching Experience
- Jamie is an experienced public speaker and trainer for events ranging from client specific courses, HR leadership conferences to round table sessions with business leaders.
FisherBroyles UK LLP (“FisherBroyles UK”) is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC426505, and which practices from 1 Ropemaker Street, London, EC2Y 9HT. A list of members of FisherBroyles UK is available for inspection at that address. FisherBroyles UK is authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with registered number 658162. FisherBroyles UK is connected with its affiliate in the US, FisherBroyles LLP, although they are two separate legal entities. The word “partner” denotes a member of FisherBroyles UK or an employee or consultant with equivalent standing and qualifications.
A list of the members of FisherBroyles UK is available for inspection at the above address. Further information about FisherBroyles UK can be found in the UK Legal Notice and Privacy Notice.
See our labor, employment, and benefits team, and view details regarding our fees for employment matters .
FisherBroyles UK opposes all forms of slavery and human trafficking, and is committed to taking steps to ensure that these do not occur in its business or in its supply chains. For further details, see our Modern Slavery and Human Trafficking Statement.
We are committed to providing a high-quality legal service to all our clients. For more details, see our Complaint Handling Procedure.
England & Wales
Staffordshire University, LPC
College of Law, Chester, CPE
Loughborough University, BSC
Prior Law Firm Experience