Jeremy R. Cnudde is a Partner who helps clients navigate complex mergers and acquisitions, business succession planning, equity and tax reorganizations, and other corporate and financial transactions. Mr. Cnudde works with middle-market, entrepreneurial businesses with diverse backgrounds, including those in the engineering, manufacturing, aerospace and defense, distribution, retail grocery, and agricultural industries. Beyond mergers and acquisitions he helps clients identify key concerns and negotiate with partners and investors on operating and shareholder agreements, shareholder disputes, buy-sell agreements, and drafting of supplier, customer and representative agreements. He has represented companies on corporate finance and capital acquisition matters, including private equity investments, recapitalizations, bank financing, and private placement issuance.
Mr. Cnudde also has significant experience with federal, state, and local tax planning, Michigan property tax appeals, and nonprofit/tax-exempt formation and governance matters. This includes tax-free reorganizations of businesses, partnership formation and tax planning regarding adding partners and partner distri...
- Representative Transactions
A few of the Representative Transactions Mr. Cnudde has helped Client’s successfully negotiate, include:
- Assisted Motion Array in a $65 million asset sale to Artlist, a portfolio company of global investment firm KKR
- Sale of a national industry leading electrical engineering, robotics and servo repair facility to a national private equity firm.
- Assisted a national accounting firm in the acquisition of two separate regional accounting firms.
- Split stock and asset sale of a private electronic engineering and repair services firm to an out of state private equity buyer.
- Assisted in the preparation for sale and location of a buyer of a regional tooling firm.
- Merger of three competing financial services firms and negotiation of complex multi-layered shareholder agreement.
- Stock acquisition of an automotive tooling company.
- Stock sale of a regional entrepreneurially owned robotic engineering services firm to a multinational competitor.
- Entrepreneurial investment into an out of state agricultural product manufacturer and supplier.
- Company representation of a convertible debt investment into an aftermarket auto component supplier.
- Assisted client in five strategic acquisitions of major grocery retain facilities and in the acquisition of a key supplier in the mid-west.
- Asset sale and congregation merger of local nonprofit Church communities.
- Stock sale of a local automotive retail franchise to a competitor.
- Stock redemption and reorganization of family members from a family business.
- Management stock buyout of a regional environmental services company.
- Asset sale of a family owned regional funeral home.
- Merger of two regional non-profits, the Flint Convention and Visitors Bureau into the Flint Economic Club.
- Shareholder dispute resulting in an adversarial redemption of a partner in a chemical manufacturing company, followed by a sale to the next generation family members.
- Assisted in the sale of a regional aerospace gear manufacturer to a multi-national firm.
- Presentations and Teaching Experience
- Creating value for non-profits through mergers and acquisitions. Presentation for the George Johnson & Company’s annual Nonprofit Organizations Update Seminar. Tuesday, May 22, 2018 in Detroit, MI.
- Deemed Asset Sale Elections and The Final IRC Section 336(e) Regulations; Mergers & Acquisition Tax Update, Annual Tax Seminar, June 2013
- Drafting Business Contracts (with Checklists); Business Contracts A to Z Seminar, National Business Institute, April 2013
- Property Tax Appeals–Tribunal Trials; Sterling Education Services Seminar, December19, 2012
- Managing the Management Buyout; co-authored with Toby Dahm, KKUE Commentator, Summer 2017
- Appealing Taxes on Newly Acquired Property; KKUE Commentator, Winter 2017
- ‘Tis the Season for Leaving a Legacy!; KKUE Commentator Alert, December 2016
- Select the Right Team to Maximize your Tax Savings; KKUE Commentator Alert, February 2016
- Let us help reduce your taxes and increase your bottom line; KKUE Commentator , Winter 2013
- Now Is the Time to Review Michigan Property Tax Assessment for Industrial or Commercial Properties to Avoid Excessive Property Tax Payments; Client Alert, November 1, 2011
- Are Your Independent Contractors Misclassified? IRS Offers Employers a “Fresh Start” to Reclassify Workers; Automation Alley Newsletter, October 18, 2011
- Do Limited Memberships Affect Your Tax Bill?; Association News, Michigan Society of Association Executives, March/April 2006
- Employee Leasing Companies; Business and Tax Planning Opportunities, Client Alert, 2006
Michigan State University – Detroit College of Law, JD (cum laude), 2003
Michigan State University, BA – Accounting, 1999
Prior Law Firm Experience
Butzel Long, PC
Kotz Sangster, PC
Kemp Klein Law Firm