For over 16 years, Jessica has shepherded businesses through their employment needs. Before joining FisherBroyles, Jessica practiced at Littler Mendelson, PC, the largest Labor & Employment firm in the U.S.
Jessica litigates all types of employment matters in state and federal courts, arbitration tribunals, and administrative proceedings before the EEOC, U.S. Department of Labor, and state agencies, including discrimination and retaliation, worker’s compensation, trade secrets, non-competes, and wage & hour disputes. Jessica is an expert in non-compete and trade secret matters, with a nation-wide practice in both drafting policies and litigating disputes. She knows the nuances of each state, and loves walking clients through the thorny paths to protect their confidential business information.
Jessica drafts and advises clients about human resource policies and procedures, including the current hot-button issues of discrimination, harassment #metoo, paid sick leave, and PTO. A large portion of Jessica’s clients are in California, and she is regularly in California courts defending employee’s claims.
When it’s all on the table, Jessica produces resu...
- Presentations & Teaching Experience
- New Federal Overtime Regulations & EEOC Trends – Keeping Your Business Compliant (August 2016 National Assoc. Real Estate Investment Managers HR Conference)
- Walking the Tightrope of ADA and FMLA (April 2014; present at V.G. Young Texas A&M Institute for County Government Human Resource Professionals at Texas A&M University)
- The ADAAA Final Regulations, EEOC Enforcement Initiatives and GINA (April 2011; presented to Littler Mendelson clients in Dallas)
- Pay Me Now or Pay Me Later; Navigating Overtime Laws (September 2010; presented to Untyed – Dallas Business and Executive Group)
U.S. Court of Appeals, 5th Circuit
U.S. Court of Appeals, 7th Circuit
U.S. Court of Appeals, 9th Circuit
U.S. Court of Appeals, 10th Circuit
SMU Dedman School of Law; J.D., Cum Laude, 2002
Rice University; B.A., Political Science, 1999
Prior Law Firm Experience
Littler Mendelson, PC