Joseph DiRago is a trusted counselor to clients in a variety of real estate, energy and utility transactions. His breadth of experience spans traditional real estate transactions, oil and gas, municipal law, utility law, finance and bankruptcy law.
Joe represents clients in real estate matters, focusing on lease negotiations, acquisitions of new land and buildings for business expansion or relocation, dispositions of real property, easements, land use and zoning, and real estate financings.
Joe has counseled clients on:
- The sale of an office park consisting of seven buildings, 1.1 million square feet of office space and 66 developable acres
- Structuring and negotiating the purchase of a multi-family property with 82 apartments that contained potential environmental contamination and demolition issues
- Amending the Zoning Code for the City and County of Denver to permit additional uses of setbacks for utilities
- Negotiating and drafting commercial lease agreements on behalf of landlords and tenants for office, warehouse, restaurant, retail and laboratory space
- Local governmental approv...
- Joseph DiRago, Deeds in Vol. 1 Colorado Real Estate Forms (James G. Benjamin ed., 2020)
- How To, And How Not To, Foreclose On Oil And Gas Equipment, Law360, New York (May 08, 2015, 10:25 AM ET)
University of Illinois, JD magna cum laude
Drake University, BA magna cum laude
Prior Law Firm Experience
Faegre Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
Locke Lord LLP