Karin K. Sage represents large corporations and small to mid-sized law firms in complex commercial disputes, fiduciary litigation, and legal malpractice defense. Her experience also includes high-stakes litigation arising out of breaches of contract and covenants not-to-compete, buy-out disputes, shareholder claims, issues of fraud, and commercial estate/probate litigation. Business litigation matters require expedient and economical strategies, and Karin draws on over a decade’s worth of notable success representing clients at all levels of New Jersey state and federal courts, along with trying cases before the Disciplinary Review Board of the Supreme Court of New Jersey.
Karin’s track record for speedy resolutions includes early settlements of breaches of contract and covenants not-to-compete, along with winning dispositive motions on legal malpractice claims.
Committed to upholding the legal profession, Karin was appointed to serve as a member of the District Ethics Committee by the New Jersey Supreme Court in 2013 for a four-year term, and was reappointed for the 2017-2021 term. In 2015, she was appointed trustee of the Ocean County Bar Association, where she ea...
- Representative Transactions
- representing numerous BigLaw law firms against claims of professional malpractice
- defense of an international corporation in litigation alleging misappropriation of trade secrets and violation of the Trade Secrets Act
- representing a national snow removal company against a marine terminal arising from the marine terminal’s breach of a snow removal contract
- defending an international shoe company in litigation involving more than twenty separate causes of action arising out of the termination and buyout of a director/minority shareholder
- representing the President and managing member of ten plus limited liability companies in a dissociation action to remove a minority member.
U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
U.S. Court of Appeals, Third Circuit
Seton Hall University School of Law, JD, 2007
Villanova University, BA Communications, 2000
Prior Law Firm Experience
Wilentz, Goldman & Spitzer, P.A.