Mr. Gluntz has spent over two decades representing various businesses, from Fortune 500 companies to family-owned businesses, in all aspects of business, securities law and tax law, including numerous health care concerns. He currently practices in the areas of creditors’ rights, securities law, general corporate law, mergers and acquisitions (including numerous commercial financing transactions), venture capital and tax law. He counsels publicly and privately-held clients on tax planning, corporate structuring and governance strategies, and facilitates private placements, mergers, financings, acquisitions and divestitures. This representation includes, for private companies, business succession and finally estate and probate planning.
Because of his commitment to client service and responsiveness, Kevin’s clients consider him to be their primary consultant for all business and legal matters, and count on Mr. Gluntz to provide them with significant, “business-wise” input on tax planning, corporate structuring and governance strategies as well as providing them sound business advice.
In the Finance Law area, Mr. Gluntz has assisted numerous banks in...
- Corporate Experience
- Served as Deputy General Counsel for Home Savings & Loan of Youngstown, Ohio a subsidiary of United Community Financial Corp., from 2009 through 2012.
- Supervisor – federal tax and related SEC compliance for Progressive
- Representative Transactions
- +$250 million Sale of Regional Accounting Firm to National Tax Practice and related spin-off of audit function
- Sale of over $280 million of troubled debt of publicly traded bank to investment group
- Purchase of regional banks by national publicly traded bank
- Syndication of over $300 million in venture capital fund investment
- Represented a national life insurance company in all financing, corporate and tax structuring aspects of joint venturing with a developer to build a corporate campus for the that company.
- Assisted publicly traded Real Estate Investment Trust in initial public offering, shelf registrations and renegotiation of lines of credit in excess of $500 million
- Worked with governmental entity and developers to create an historic district that allowed revitalization of a large portion of the city through the use of federal historic tax credits and conservation easements, tax increment financing, and municipal bond issuance.
- Presentations & Teaching Experience
On the academic side of law, Mr. Gluntz has taught legal seminars and tax classes at the graduate and post-graduate level on the issues of corporate and partnership tax, family limited partnerships, choice of entity, and the buying and selling of businesses, and has taught classes at both Case Western Reserve University’s and Cleveland State University’s Colleges of Law as well as business school of Cleveland State University. He is a member of the Ohio State and Cuyahoga County Bar Associations.
Northern Federal District of Ohio
U.S. Tax Court
University of Akron (cum laude), JD, 1995
Kent State University, Bachelor of Business Administration, 1986
Case Western Reserve University, Master of Laws in Taxation, 1997
Prior Law Firm Experience
Baker and Hostetler LLP
Calfee Halter & Griswold, LLP