Landon Speights is a highly adaptable commercial litigator and serves as FisherBroyles’ assistant general counsel. Whether representing Fortune 500 companies or small family owned businesses, Mr. Speights is a zealous advocate and often acquires results beyond his client’s expectations. Mr. Speights places a high priority on attorney client communication and works extremely hard to ensure every client is satisfied with his or her legal service.
Mr. Speights aggressively pursues client interests. Among others, Mr. Speights’s experience includes, appellate litigation; bankruptcy adversary proceedings; breach of contract and Uniform Commercial Code claims; commercial landlord-tenant actions; consumer fraud and deceptive trade practices act claims; corporate governance; directors’ and officers’ claims; ethics and professional liability; injunctions; insurance issues; lien claims; post-judgment collection; shareholder and partnership disputes; and shareholder derivative claims. Additionally, a significant portion of Mr. Speights’ practice Involves providing legal counsel related to cyber incident response, data breaches, cyber-risk preparedness, opining on privacy and d...
- Corporate Experience
Houston Texans, NFL Franchise
- Keynote Presenter – Setting and Achieving Your Goals – Christian Legal Society (May 2015; Presented on how to properly set your goals to achieve success in multiple avenues of life)
- Contributor – Texas Uniform Trade Secrets Act – (September 2014: The presentation concentrated on TUTSA and recent case law stemming from the new laws.)
- Contributor – Oilfield Anti-Indemnity Provisions – Wortham Property & Casualty Corporate Headquarters (February 2014; Presentation centered around Oilfield Anti-Indemnity Provisions and their effect on insurance agreements).
- Presenter – The Testimony of a Litigation Associate – Christian Legal Society (September 2013; Testimony expressing the inner workings of a Litigation Associate]
- Panel Presenter – Emerging Issues in Energy Litigation – Burleson LLP Fall Seminar – (October, 2013; panel presentation on emerging litigation issues caused by the use of technology.)
- Presenter – Commercial Terms and Conditions – Schlumberger North American Corporate Headquarter (February 2012; Presented on Texas law concerning Company Men, job tickets, and commercial terms).
- Presenter – Indemnities and Non-Competes – Burleson LLP In-house CLE Seminar (February 2012; Presented on Texas Oilfield Indemnities Statutes).
- Landon Speights, Contributor – Worst Case Scenario Happens in Schlumberger v. Rutherford – The Texas Anti-SLAPP Act – (September 2, 2014)
- Landon Speights, Contributor, Why Every Texas Energy Company Should Be Afraid of the Texas Anti-SLAPP Act – (August 18, 2014)
- Landon Speights, Contributor – Oil and Gas Case Law Update – Marcia Fuller French, et al., v. Occidental Permian Ltd. – (July 8, 2014)
- Landon Speights, Author – Texas Eminent Domain and Condemnation Process for Common Carriers – (August 12, 2013)
- U.S. District Court
- Northern District, TX
- Southern District, TX
University of Houston Law Center, J.D. ,2007
Abilene Christian University; B.A. and B.B.A., Cum Laude with Honors, Business Management and Marketing; Ministry, 2005
Prior Law Firm Experience