Trial lawyer with over 30 years of experience in federal and state courts, arbitrations and administrative settings involving complex commercial, product liability, real estate, and employment matters.
First-chair jury and bench trials.
Independent investigator of employment matters.
Previous experience as a Utah small claims court judge, and as an ad hoc prosecutor for Sandy, Utah.
Lobbyist for the Utah Hospitality Association, leading to a major overhaul of Utah’s liquor laws.
Extensive experience as a National Institute for Trial Advocacy (“NITA”) Program Director and Faculty Member, training lawyers and other professionals across the country on depositions, mediations, arbitrations, and advanced trial skills, examinations of expert witnesses, pretrial skills, jury psychology, evidence, social media, ethics, diversity and inclusion.
- Professional Recognition and Civic Activities
• Recipient, Utah Business Magazine, Utah’s Legal Elite
• Recipient, Utah Business Magazine, 30 Women to Watch
• Former Board Member, Women in Finance, March of Dimes, Disability Law
• Center of Utah, DRI Women in the Law
• One of five people recognized, Salt Lake Tribune, Utahn of the Year
- Presentations & Teaching Experience
- NITA program director for the Boston deposition skills program
- NITA faculty member for the annual National session, large law firms, public interest organizations, corporations, federal and state governmental agencies, webinars
- Seminar Speaker, Professional Education Group (“PEG”) at attorney state bar associations and governmental agencies
- Speaker, Defense Research Institute (“DRI”) Women in the Law Annual Meeting
- Presenter, National Business Institute (“NBI”)
- American Bar Association (“ABA”), Section of Litigation, Podcast, “Sound Advice”
• ABA Podcast, Section of Litigation, “Sound Advice,” Pretrial Practice, Including Witness Preparation
• NBI, social media and evidence, drug testing in the workplace, internal investigations
• DRI, “Taking Your Own Case to Trial: Sealing the Confidence Gap in the Workplace, DRI Vol.6 No.1
S.J.Quinney School of Law, University of Utah, J.D.
Hamilton College, B.A., cum laude
Prior Law Firm Experience
Clyde Snow & Sessions