Mr. Shor brings a diverse legal and management experience in commercial litigation, contract negotiation and enforcement, general corporate law, corporate compliance and governance, corporate advocacy, telecommunications and employment. He has appeared in federal and state courts and before federal and state utility commissions throughout the country. He previously served as General Counsel at US LEC Corp., a publicly traded telecommunications provider, and as Director of Litigation at Polypore International, Inc., a publicly traded manufacturer of battery components.
His accomplishments include representing an insurer in several bad faith denial of claim actions in which he obtained a successful verdict in a bench trial in one case and the complete dismissal of all causes of action and claims in the others; representing the owners of a company in Chapter 11 where he settled a dispute with the major creditor, assisted in selling the company’s building and facilitating the company’s reorganization; representing a real estate company in the $5.6 million refinance of one property and the sale of another; representing a tenant/franchisee in a bankruptcy adversary proceedi...
- “The Care and Feeding of In-House Counsel” an attorney’s guide to developing strong client relationships (May 2011, presented to all first year associates at Nelson Mullins)
- “On Becoming A Litigator”—(September 2010—presented to all incoming first year students at the Charlotte School of Law.
District of Columbia
U.S. Courts of Appeal, 4th, 5th 7th Circuits
Federal District Courts in North Carolina, Virginia, New York and Maryland
U.S. Tax Court
New York Law School, J.D., cum laude 1986
University of Maryland School of Social Work; MSW, Cum Laude, 1979
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill; B.A., 1972
Prior Law Firm Experience
Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough, LLP
Swidler Berlin, LLP.
David & Hagner (n/k/a Womble Carlyle)
- Arbitration and Mediation
- Banking & Financial Services
- Bankruptcy, Financial Restructuring & Reorganization
- Civil Pretrial & Trial Services
- Commercial Transactions
- General Corporate
- Government Affairs
- Intellectual Property Litigation
- Internet & E-Commerce
- Litigation & Risk Management
- Real Estate