Michael Pierson is Managing Partner of the firm’s Global Corporate practice and oversees the corporate team located in each of the firm’s locations. He serves on the firm’s Executive Committee, is a member of the Diversity and Inclusion Committee, and serves as chair of the FinTech and Blockchain Executive Committee. The primary focus of his practice is acquisition, regulatory, and securities law matters for U.S. and non-U.S. banking, financial institutions, private fund, and corporate clients. Over the course of his career, he has advised U.S. and non-U.S. private funds, broker-dealers and investment management clients, from some of the largest and most prominent market participants to firms engaged in specialized aspects of the securities businesses, including FinTech companies and investment boutiques. He serves as counsel to both emerging and established companies, family offices, and private funds, and he counsels blockchain clients on a variety of securities-law related issues.
Mr. Pierson began his career as an attorney at the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission where he was responsible for the regulation of t...
- Corporate Experience
- Goldman, Sachs & Co., Assistant General Counsel
- Silver Lake, Counsel
- Barclays, Counsel
- Vaultsy, Co-Founder
- Government Experience
US Securities and Exchange Commission
- Representative Transactions
- Silver Lake Partners re fund formation, fund documentation, and investor communications for Silver Lake Partners III, L.P., its third fund with $9.6 billion of committed capital
- Silver Lake Partners in an attempted leveraged buy-out of Huawei Technologies’ mobile division for $4 billion
GOLDMAN, SACHS & CO.
- Goldman, Sachs & Co. and its sales and trading and principal investments businesses, including the Securities Division, Equities and Derivatives Sales and Trading, Goldman Sachs Principal Strategies, and Goldman Sachs Principal Strategic Investments, collectively generating revenues of $25.56 billion in 2006, $31.23 billion in 2007, and $9.06 billion in 2008
- Goldman, Sachs & Co. in its minority investments in: Investars; Asset4; Medley Global Advisors; TrimTabs Investment Research, Inc.; Connotate; Epocrates, Inc.; Lusight; iSupply; Quantitative Services Group, LLC; JL McGregor & Company; and Wall Street on Demand
MORGAN, LEWIS & BOCKIUS LLP
- E*TRADE Financial Corporation in its acquisition of Harris Direct LLC for $700 million
- Legg Mason, Inc. and Citigroup, Inc. in a $437 billion asset swap with a transaction value of $3.7 billion
- E*TRADE Financial Corporation in an acquisition of BrownCo, an online brokerage service of JPMorgan Chase & Co. for $1.6 billion
- AmeriTrade Holding Corporation in its acquisition of, and subsequent merger with, TD Waterhouse Group, Inc. for $2.9 billion
- Wachovia Corporation in its acquisition of Golden West Financial Corporation for $24.2 billion
- The Bank of New York Company, Inc. in its $16 billion merger with Mellon Financial Corporation
US SECURITIES AND EXCHANGE COMMISSION
- Proposed rulemaking related to the fair administration and governance of, and increased transparency for, SRO corporate structures and reporting requirements
- Governance and management structure review of the New York Stock Exchange related to the compensation package of the NYSE’s chief executive
- Approved the formation, trading, and listing requirements for broad and narrow-based indexes and funds, exchange-traded funds (ETFs), and hybrid products
- Granted certain regulatory approvals related to of the purchase of an electronic communications network (ECN), Brut LLC, by The Nasdaq Stock Market for $190 million
FisherBroyles UK LLP (“FisherBroyles UK”) is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC426505, and which practices from 1 Ropemaker Street, London, EC2Y 9HT. A list of members of FisherBroyles UK is available for inspection at that address. FisherBroyles UK is authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with registered number 658162. FisherBroyles UK is connected with its affiliate in the US, FisherBroyles LLP, although they are two separate legal entities. The word “partner” denotes a member of FisherBroyles UK or an employee or consultant with equivalent standing and qualifications.
A list of the members of FisherBroyles UK is available for inspection at the above address. Further information about FisherBroyles UK can be found in the UK Legal Notice and Privacy Notice.
See our labor, employment, and benefits team, and view details regarding our fees for employment matters .
FisherBroyles UK opposes all forms of slavery and human trafficking, and is committed to taking steps to ensure that these do not occur in its business or in its supply chains. For further details, see our Modern Slavery and Human Trafficking Statement.
We are committed to providing a high-quality legal service to all our clients. For more details, see our Complaint Handling Procedure.
England & Wales, Registered Foreign Lawyer
Syracuse University, J.D., 2003
Maxwell School, M.P.A., 2003
University of Illinois, B.S., Architecture, 2000
École Nationale Supérieure d’Architecture de Versailles, 1998-1999
Harvard University, Philosophy, 1996
Prior Law Firm Experience
Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP