Nick Isaacson is a corporate partner with a wide-ranging practice representing financial institutions, public companies, private companies and government agencies primarily in secured financings, mergers and acquisitions, and public-private partnerships (including in the context of sports wagering).
In addition to his JD, Nick holds an MBA from the University of Chicago and is working on his thesis to obtain a Masters from Northwestern University in predictive analytics. Clients find Nick to be a valuable resource and practical counselor, particularly in transactions involving unique challenges.
Nick played running back at Harvard and rugby for the University of Chicago, where he captained the team and played long after graduating. Now Nick sticks to coaching youth football and lacrosse.
- Representative Transactions
- Over 1 billion in syndicated secured financings in 2020, including an $850 million secured facility ($650 million term and $200 million revolver).
- Over two hundred million in mergers and acquisitions transactions between 2019 and 2020 (both buy and sell side).
- Represented the Illinois Lottery in its solicitation for a new private manager, subsequent negotiations of a private management agreement between the State of Illinois and its new private manager, and currently represent the Illinois Lottery in many other matters, including the anticipated implementation of the Illinois Lottery’s sports wagering pilot program.
- Expert on Delaware statutory trusts, having created and represented such entities in many transactions.
University of Chicago, Booth. MBA 2004
Prior Law Firm Experience
Kirkland & Ellis
Latham & Watkins
Faegre Drinker Biddle & Reath