Rebecca Rettig is a partner in FisherBroyles’ Litigation Department. Recognized in 2019 as one of the top 100 women lawyers in New York City by Crain’s New York Business, Rebecca’s practice encompasses a broad range of litigation, such as securities, shareholder derivative, general commercial, contract disputes, copyright and trademark disputes, employment disputes, insurance coverage, and auditor and accountant liability. Rebecca represents clients in all stages of litigation, and has served as trial counsel in cases and arbitrations around the country. Rebecca advises and represents Fortune 100 companies, such as large financial institutions, major airlines, pharmaceutical companies, technology companies, private equity funds and hedge funds, as well as startups and emerging companies.
Rebecca’s practice includes unique experience in the blockchain and cryptocurrency space. She represents and advises blockchain and cryptocurrency clients in matters relating to U.S. regulation, intellectual property, trade secrets and contracts, as well as offering and trading practices. In this space, Rebecca’s clients include, among others, a multi-billion-dollar private equity firm, a...
- Judge Katherine B. Forrest (fmr.), S.D.N.Y.
- Judge Jose L. Linares, D.N.J.
- Awards and Recognition
- Crain’s New York Business, Notable Women in Law (2019)
- Super Lawyers, Rising Star (2018)
- Professional Affiliations & Memberships
- Diversity in Blockchain, Co-Chair, New York Chapter
- Global Digital Finance, Member
- BlockDrop, Inc., Advisory Board Member
- Speaking Engagements
- FinTech Worldwide Blockchain Conference, New York, NY (April 2018)
- FinTech, International Investment and Blockchain Technologies in 2018: Managing Performance and Expectations, New York, NY (June 2018)
- Crypto Funding Summit: Security Tokens & ICOs, New York, NY (July 2018)
- P2P Financial Systems International Workshop, Cleveland Federal Reserve Bank, Cleveland, OH (July 2018)
- New York FinTech Week, New York, NY (August 2018)
- FOP256 Private Investor Conference, New York, NY (September 2018)
- Blockchain East Conference, New York, NY (October 2018)
- FO256 Private Investor Conference, New York, NY (upcoming April 10, 2019)
U.S. Supreme Court (forthcoming May 2019)
U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
U.S. District Court, Western District of Michigan
Columbia University School of Law, J.D., Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar
London School of Economics, M.Sc., dissertation with distinction
Stanford University, B.A.
Prior Law Firm Experience
Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP