Rob’s practice focuses on Intellectual Property and Technology with a primary focus on patent prosecution and intellectual property litigation. Rob has drafted and prosecuted patent applications covering inventions in the gaming, software, mechanical arts, aircraft, spacecraft, medical and cosmetic industries.
Based part time in Las Vegas, Nevada, Rob has extensive intellectual property experience related to the casino industry and has drafted and prosecuted patent applications related to automatic card shufflers, table games, roulette wheels, player-tracking systems, online games and casinos, casino signage, electronic gaming devices (e.g., slot machines), sports-betting systems, gaming chips, playing cards and others. His representations include casinos, game manufacturers, game suppliers, game developers and individual entrepreneurs.
Rob also drafts and prosecutes trademark and copyright applications, and drafts and negotiates license, assignment and software development agreements.
His intellectual property litigation experience involves supporting intellectual property litigators with identifying infringement, evaluating claims of infringement, discover...
- Representative Transactions
- United Coin Machine, Co. v. Golden Gaming, Inc., Patent Infringement, District Of Nevada (Reno).
- Lori Braun Family Trust, et al. v. Dr. Dennis Gross Skincare, LLC, Patent Infringement, District of Nevada (Las Vegas).
- Shuffle Master Inc. v. VendingData Corporation, Inc., Patent Infringement, District of Nevada (Las Vegas).
- Remy International, Inc. v. Dixie Electric Limited, Patent Infringement, District of Nevada, (Las Vegas).
- Remy International, Inc. v. Andre Niermann Automotive Electrical Products, Inc., District of Nevada (Las Vegas).
- Houdini’s Magic Shop v. Nowstalgic Toys, Inc., Patent Infringement, District of Nevada (Las Vegas).
- Turn-Luckily International, Inc., v. Du International, Patent Infringement, Northern District of California.
- Ideative Product Ventures, Inc., v. Du International, Patent Infringement, Eastern District of Texas.
- Hewlett Packard v. Microjet, in the matter of certain ink jet print cartridges and components thereof, Patent
- Infringement, International Trade Commission (ITC).
- Integrated Dynamic Solutions v. Bart Carter et al., Copyright Infringement, District of Nevada, (Las Vegas).
Thomas Jefferson School of Law, JD, 1994
Purdue University; Aeronautical & Astronautical Engineering, BS, 1989
Prior Law Firm Experience
Greenberg Traurig, LLP