Rob Taylor is a member of the Firm’s Corporate Department and its Banking and Financial Services Practice.
Rob practices in the financial institutions area with an emphasis on federal and state regulatory matters. He advises banks, thrift institutions, insurance companies, and their holding companies on all aspects of the state and federal laws governing their activities.
Rob also practices in the mergers and acquisitions area for both public and privately-held companies and works with licensed companies in enforcement proceedings before the state and federal regulatory agencies.
According to the 2014 edition of Chambers USA, Rob Taylor is “very well regarded by the state and national regulators,” and noted for his “flawless banking assistance.”
- Representative Transactions
- Representation of buyers and sellers in financial institution M&A transactions
- Representation of organizing groups in establishing de novo institutions including national banks, federal savings banks, state-chartered banks, and trust companies
- Representation of licensees in enforcement proceedings before state and federal regulatory agencies
- Representation of banks in forming bank holding companies
- Representation of insurance company in establishment of nationwide program for insurance sales through banks
- Representation of mutual savings bank in conversion to mutual holding company
- Representation of banks in charter conversions
- Representation of banks in establishment of nationwide lending programs and nationwide trust operations
- Preparation of Stock Option and Stock Award Plans
- Presentations & Teaching
- Charter and Regulator Choice Speaker- June 4, 2016 – Connecticut Community Bankers Association Annual Meeting
- Speaker, NYSE Banking Industry Audit Committee Peer Forum, September 19, 2013
- Speaker, Banking Industry Audit Committee Peer Forum, Corporate Board Member, September 12, 2012
- Author, “Volcker Rule to Impact Community Banks,” Banker & Tradesman, February 13, 2012
*Awaiting admission to the New York bar
Western New England Law School, JD, 1980
University of Connecticut, BS, 1977
Prior Law Firm Experience
Vinson & Elkins