Soren Lindstrom leads an active M&A practice in a range of industries and has extensive experience representing clients in complex U.S. and international mergers and acquisitions, tender offers, direct investments, and other strategic alliances. He represents clients in capital market transactions, including IPOs, and frequently counsels management and boards of directors on corporate governance and SEC compliance.
A native of Denmark, Soren regularly advises Scandinavian and other European companies in U.S. legal matters, including M&A transactions and the establishment of businesses in the U.S.
Soren is the Honorary Consul of Denmark in Dallas.
Soren is recognized in Chambers Global in the Corporate & M&A area as a foreign expert for Denmark and in The Best Lawyers in America©.
Soren’s close, value-added relationships with clients have earned him accolades, including from the general counsel of a major NYSE-listed company who describes him as “one of the most practical and effective lawyers I have worked with in almost 35 years of practice,” “smart an...
- Representative Transactions
U.S. Mergers & Acquisitions
- Represented Amazon.com as Texas deal counsel in its $13.7 billion acquisition of Whole Foods, a leading natural and organic foods supermarket.
- Represented Fujitsu Network Communications, a global information and communications technology company, in its acquisition of a U.S. telecommunications and network provider.
- Represented Parago, a U.S. incentives and rewards solutions company, in its $290 million merger with Blackhawk Network, a major U.S. prepaid and payment solutions company.
- Represented Kimberly-Clark Corporation, a U.S. Fortune 200 personal care corporation, in its acquisition of a U.S. manufacturer of personal protective and safety equipment.
- Represented Perot Systems, a leading NYSE-listed U.S. provider of information technology services and business solutions, in its $3.9 billion merger with Dell.
- Represented Odyssey HealthCare, a stock-exchange-listed U.S. provider of hospice services, in its $1 billion merger with Gentiva, the largest U.S. provider of home health care, hospice, and related services.
International and Cross-Border Mergers & Acquisitions
- Represented Nokia, a Finnish multinational network and telecommunications company, in its acquisitions of a U.S. provider of infrastructure and network deployment solutions and a U.S. self-organizing network (SON) technology developer.
- Represented Ericsson, a Swedish multinational telecommunications company, in its acquisition of a U.S. telecommunications vendor in the networks optimization sector.
- Represented Mondi Group, a South African multinational packaging and paper company, in its acquisition of a U.S. industrial bags and kraft-paper business.
- Represented Darling Ingredients, a leading NYSE-listed U.S. developer and producer of sustainable natural ingredients, in its €1.6 billion acquisition of a leading Dutch multinational company that develops and produces specialty ingredients from animal origin for applications in pharmaceuticals, food, feed, bioenergy, and more.
- Represented Norma Group, a leading German industrial group, in its $285 million acquisition of a U.S. drainage, irrigation, and water management company.
- Represented a Danish logistics and shipping company in its acquisition of the largest ship supply organization in North America.
Capital Markets and Public Companies
- Represented several U.S. companies in initial public offerings, including:
- A multinational investment banking firm in a $4.1 billion IPO.
- A major wireless service provider in a $1.3 billion IPO.
- An engineering, procurement, and construction company in a $544 million IPO.
- A major insurance and investment management firm in a demutualization and related $3 billion IPO.
- A provider of general-purpose reloadable (GPR) prepaid debit cards in a $204 million IPO.
- Represented several major U.S. companies in public equity and debt offerings.
- Represented several major stock-exchange-listed U.S. companies in connection with SEC reporting, corporate governance, and FCPA/anti-bribery compliance.
- Affiliations & Memberships
- Dansk Selskab for Virksomhedsledelse
- Alliance of Democracies Foundation, The Expeditionary Economics Program, board
- Danish-American Chamber of Commerce, founding board member
- International Bar Association
- Certified Compliance and Ethics Professional (CCEP)
Tulane University, M.C.L.
King’s College London, LL.M.
Aarhus University, J.D. and LL.M.
Prior Law Firm Experience
Sullivan & Cromwell LLP
Alston & Bird LLP