Wayne has been “AV “rated as “preeminent” for over twenty five years by Martindale Hubbell. Wayne concentrates his practice on litigation matters and general representation of companies, individuals and municipalities relating to general litigation, construction and construction defects, professional liability cases, including medical, legal, and other professional malpractice matters, as well as complex commercial litigation, trucking, and hurricane recovery and liability matters.
Wayne has extensive experience specifically in litigation of claims related to professional’s business transactions and international transactions. He also handles the defense of directors and officers against trustees in bankruptcy, as well as matters related to marine and shipyard liability, product liability, environmental claims, personal injury, construction defects and claims, cyber risks and claims, architects and engineers, and insurance coverage disputes. Wayne has significant experience in the area of condominium law, the Florida Condominium Act, HOA issues, general liability and property claims and defense. He lectures extensively on civil defense matters and is a frequent contributo...
- Corporate Experience
Wayne serves as general counsel for several corporations and has served as counsel for manufacturing and trade associations
- Recent Noteworthy Successes
- Recovered 4.1 million dollars for Insurance company in a subrogation lawsuit.
- Obtained dismissal with prejudice of international mining company from complex litigation related to construction of a horse racing track in Wellington, Fla.
- Represented large hospital chain throughout Florida; managed all aspects of litigation and claims.
- Summary judgment in defense of Federal Court legal malpractice case against prominent South Florida lawyer.
- Defended an employment discrimination case in a Federal Court action and filed dispositive motion which resulted in a de minimis settlement.
- Obtained dismissal of all claims against a seafood distributor by a supplier after sale of the distributor to international operator.
- Successful defense of nationwide trucking company in serious multi-vehicle accident resulting in claim of brain injury. Defeated all claims related to log hour violations and DOT violations.
- Represented local phosphorus hauler in serious accident resulting in death. Obtained quick settlement for carrier under the reserves.
- Teaching Experience
Wayne provides cost-free continuing education to individuals, associations, insurance and business professionals. If you would like to have Wayne provide your organization with free in-house continuing education, please contact Wayne at the firm.
- I Know Where You Live — Directors and Officers Liability, Westlaw Journal, VOLUME 33, ISSUE 5 / SEPTEMBER 5, 2017
- Data Breaches: Statutory and Civil Liability, and How to Prevent and Defend A Claim October 3, 2015 Article
- Hurricane Recovery Team Benchmarking Guide June 2, 2015
- The Importance of Defense Being on the Scene Immediately After A Trucking Accident November 14, 2013 Publication
Seton Hall, JD 1989
Hartwick College 1985
Regent’s University, London, England, International Business Transactions
Prior Law Firm Experience
Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman & Dicker
- Admiralty & Maritime
- Civil Pretrial & Trial Services
- Commercial Litigation
- Construction & Design Professional
- Cyber-Risk; Privacy & Data Security
- Environmental Health & Safety
- General Corporate
- Health & Pharmacy Law
- Litigation & Risk Management
- Political Law & Litigation
- Professional & Management Liability