Updated: May 7, 2018
© 2020 FisherBroyles LLP.
- Personal Data We Collect Or Process
- Legal Grounds for Processing Your Personal Data
We rely on the following legal grounds to process your personal information:
Performance of a contract. We may need to collect and use your personal information to enter into an engagement or agreement with you or to perform an engagement or agreement that you have with us. When we process personal data on behalf of third parties, we do so in performance of engagements or agreements with such third parties.
- With Whom We Share Personal Data
FisherBroyles is a global provider of services headquartered in the United States, and as such may need to share information with internal personnel located in different geographic locations in order to fulfill our contractual, legal and ethical obligations. We may also share, as controller or as processor performing at the direction of our clients, your personal data to third parties (within or outside your country of residence) who perform services on our behalf, including without limitation our technology providers, administrative and support personnel and providers, professional advisors and translators.
We may disclose information (within or outside your country of residence) if we have a good faith belief that disclosure is necessary by law or the legal process, to protect and defend our or others’ interests or property, or to enforce agreements you or our clients enter into with us. Your information may be transferred to another entity (within or outside your country of residence) in connection with a merger or reorganization or, when we are acting as a data processor at the direction of our client (data controller), at the request of the client.
- Your European Privacy Rights and Choices
If you reside or otherwise find yourself in the territory of Europe, we are committed to facilitate the exercise of your rights granted by the European Data Protection law. Otherwise you can contact us at any time to discuss your privacy concerns.
Privacy rights under the European data protection law include:
Transparency and the right to information. Through this policy we explain how we use and share your information. However, if you have questions or need additional information you can contact us any time.
- Right of access, restriction of processing, erasure. You may contact us to request information about the personal data we have collected from you and to request the correction, modification or deletion of such personal information, which requests we will do our best to honor subject to any legal, ethical and contractual obligations. To make a request or to ask us a question about our data practices, please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Right to withdraw your consent at any time. When we process your personal data based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw it at any time.
- Right to object at any time. You have the right to object at any time to receiving marketing or promotional materials from us by either following the opt-out instructions in commercial e-mails or by contacting us, as well as the right to object to any processing of your personal data based on your specific situation. In the latter case, we will assess your request and provide a reply in a timely manner, according to our legal, ethical and contractual obligations. Some non-marketing communications are not subject to a general opt-out, such as communications about transactions and disclosures to comply with legal or ethical requirements.
- Right to data portability. You have the right to data portability of your own personal data by contacting us.
- Right not to be subject to an automated decision, including profiling. We do not make automated decisions using your personal data that may negatively impact you.
- Right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. If you consider that the processing of your personal data infringes your privacy rights according the European Privacy regulation, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in the member state of your habitual residence, place of work, or place of the alleged infringement.
- California Disclosures
California Information-Sharing Disclosure: California residents may request a list of all third parties with respect to which we have disclosed any information about you for direct marketing purposes and the categories of information disclosed. If you are a California resident and want such a list, please send us a written request by email to email@example.com with “California Privacy Rights” in the subject line.
- Retention Periods and Protection of Your Personal Data
We retain the personal data we collect for so long as reasonably necessary to fulfill the purposes for which the data was collected, to perform our contractual, legal and ethical obligations, and for any applicable statute of limitations periods.
We take reasonable administrative, physical and technical precautions to protect your personal data and communications between us. This includes, when required or as we deem appropriate and feasible under the circumstances, written commitments from third parties that may have access to your data that they will protect the data with safeguards that are substantially equivalent to those used by FisherBroyles. No Internet or e-mail transmission is ever fully secure or error free, however. We therefore cannot guarantee absolute security of your data, and we are not responsible for processes and networks that we do not control and for unauthorized access to information by those who have gained access through illegal means.
- Children’s Privacy
Our Site is a general audience site and does not offer services directed to children. Should an individual whom we know to be a child under age 18 send personal information to us, we will delete or destroy such information as soon as reasonably possible.
- Information About International Transfers
- Links to Other Sites
- How You Can Contact Us
To make a request or to ask us a question about our data practices, please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In addition, you may contact us at:
945 East Paces Ferry Road, N.E.
Atlanta, GA 30326