Richard P. Blessen
T: (312) 548-0649
F: (312) 548-0645
M: (312) 806-7490
Please note new address effective 6/1/2018
Direct Mail and Courier Deliveries to:
350 N. Orleans Street
Chicago, IL 60654
- Commercial Transactions
- Cyber-Risk, Privacy & Data Security
- Environmental, Health & Safety
- Financial Services & Lending
- General Corporate
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Political Law & Litigation
- Real Estate Securities & Private Equity
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois
- University of Illinois College of Law; J.D., Magna Cum Laude, 1986; Editor, Law Review; Harno Fellow; Rickert Award for Excellence in Legal Writing
- Valparaiso University; B.A., Magna Cum Laude, 1983; President, Mortar Board
Large Law Firm Experience:
- Drinker, Biddle & Reath, LLP
- Quarles & Brady, LLP
Richard P. Blessen is a partner who has a broad and sophisticated business law practice encompassing both the real estate and corporate areas.
Richard’s real estate practice includes acquisitions and dispositions, institutional commercial mortgage lending, project finance, formation of joint ventures, development and construction, and workouts and restructurings.
In the corporate area, Richard’s work includes mergers and acquisitions, representation of closely-held companies, divestitures, recapitalizations, corporate credit facilities and secured financings, representation of issuers and investors in venture capital and private equity transactions, formation of joint ventures and complex transactions.
Richard also has extensive experience representing financial institutions, foundations and nonprofit corporations, partnerships and limited liability companies and with issues surrounding the structuring of real estate holdings, investments and investment vehicles.
- Adjunct Lecturer, University of Illinois at Chicago
- Taught Business Law to graduate accounting students (2012 to present)
- Richard has been selected as an “Illinois Superlawyer” (2006, 2008 through 2013)