Robert G. Menzies
- E: email@example.com
- T: (239) 293-3945
- F: (239) 236-1260
- Naples Office
- Compliance Counseling
- Litigation – Civil Pretrial and Trial Services
- Litigation & Risk Management
- White Collar Litigations and Investigations
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- District of Columbia
- Thomas M. Cooley Law School, J.D., 1981
- Northern Michigan University, B.S., magna cum laude, 1978
Large Law Firm Experience:
- Roetzel & Andress LPA
Mr. Menzies is a trial experienced commercial litigator who represents clients in a wide range of industries, including real estate, construction, healthcare and financial services. He represents diverse businesses and industries such as land developers, resort and hotel owners, entrepreneurs and start-up companies, real estate and leasing companies, commercial landlords and tenants in matters involving breach of contract, breach of warranty and business tort claims, as well as claims arising out of fraud allegations.
His real estate litigation experience includes the representation of developers, purchasers, title companies and lenders in disputes concerning real estate purchases, property development, commercial landlord-tenant disputes, insurance title claims, easements and boundary disputes, title issues and mortgage fraud. Mr. Menzies has litigated disputes arising out of business entity governance, shareholder actions, corporate dissolution and disputes involving limited liability companies and partnerships. Additionally, he has represented specialty and independent pharmacies in investigations involving False Claims Act, Anti-kickback Statute and HIPAA violations.
- Represented a national home builder in class action contract litigation regarding Community Development Districts.
- Represented a global investment fund in litigation regarding Trust Indentures securing municipal bonds issued by Community Development Districts.
- Routinely represent large commercial shopping center owners/developers, handling commercial contract issues, land use issues and commercial landlord/tenant matters.
- Represent national roofing manufacturer, handling product defect and contract matters nationwide.
- AV® Preeminent™ rating from Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory
- Named The Best Lawyers in America® Fort Myers Litigation – Construction “Lawyer of the Year” (2013-2016)
- Named to The Best Lawyers in America® for Commercial Litigation (2007-2016); Litigation – Construction (2012-2016); Litigation – Municipal (2012-2016); and Litigation – Real Estate (2012-2016)
- Selected as a “Florida Super Lawyer” by Law & Politics magazine (2010-2012)
Community and Professional Affiliations:
- 20th Circuit Judicial Nominating Commission (2000-2004)
- Collier County Bar Association
- Past Director (1988-1990, 2000)
- Trial Lawyers Section, Past President (1990-1991)