T: (404) 513-7511
- Commercial Transactions
- General Corporate
- Intellectual Property
- The University of Georgia, School of Law – J.D., Magna Cum Laude, 2005
- Georgia State University – B.B.A., Magna Cum Laude, 2002
Large Law Firm Experience:
- King & Spalding L.L.P
- Equifax, Inc. – Senior Director & Corporate Counsel
Mr. Giles has represented all types of clients, including public and private corporations, artists, athletes, alumni associations, professional sports teams, non-profit organizations, and high net worth individuals in a broad spectrum of complex financial and commercial matters touching six of the seven continents.
In particular, Mr. Giles has extensive experience with cross-border mergers and acquisitions, and has recently negotiated and closed M&A transactions in India, the United Kingdom, Ecuador, Argentina, Paraguay, Peru, Costa Rica, Brazil and Chile.
Immediately prior to joining FisherBroyles, Mr. Giles was a Senior Director and Corporate Counsel at Equifax Inc. where he served as the company’s M&A and Emerging Markets counsel. Prior to joining Equifax, Mr. Giles was an associate in the corporate group of King & Spalding L.L.P., where he worked on the Mergers & Acquisitions and Sports & Entertainment Teams.
Mr. Giles received his Juris Doctorate degree, Magna Cum Laude, from the University of Georgia School of Law and was inducted into the Order of the Coif upon graduation. Mr. Giles received his Bachelors in Business Administration, Magna Cum Laude, from Georgia State University, where he was awarded the Dean’s Key, the Faculty Scholarship Award and the Francis R. Bridges Scholastic Achievement Award.
Pro Bono & Speaking Engagements
- Panelist, “Managing Legal for International Expansion of Business”, 2012 ICLE Corporate Counsel Institute
- Involved in various pro bono projects in connection with Hurricane Katrina and disaster relief, including co-authoring “A Resource Guide of Emergency Disaster Response, Relief and Recovery Laws.”
Honors and Awards
- Selected as an “Georgia Rising Stars” by Georgia Super Lawyers Magazine (2014, 2015, and 2016)