W. Wayt King Jr.
- Commercial Transactions
- General Corporate
- Intellectual Property
- Internet E-Commerce
Large Firm Experience:
- King & Spalding, LLP
- Alston & Bird, LLP
- N2 Broadband, Inc. – Co-Founder, Vice President, and General Counsel, 2000 – 2005 (sold for $120M)
- Last Minute Tee Times, Inc. – Investor, General
Counsel and Strategy Advisor, 1999 – 2008 (sold for $18M)
- EMS Technologies, Inc. – Engineering, business development,
and management roles, 1982 – 1993
- University of Georgia School of Law, Cum Laude, 1996
- Georgia Institute of Technology, M.S. Electrical Engineering, 1982
- Georgia Institute of Technology, B.S. Electrical Engineering, 1981
Wayt has broad experience as a founder, investor, and general counsel with software and web services companies and as a strategy and legal advisor to private technology companies generally. His transactions skills include seed capital and venture capital financing, mergers and acquisitions, software licensing and distribution, web services agreements, patent licensing and protection, corporate governance, executive and employment issues, and business partner deals. He has significant advisory skills for cost-effective patent strategy development and is a registered patent attorney.
Wayt relies on his unique experience as a “lawyer/entrepreneur” to advise emerging private technology companies. He was one of the founders of (and largest individual stockholder in) on-demand TV software company N2 Broadband in 2000 and played major roles in raising $27M in seed and venture capital financing, building the business from inception to $23M/year in sales and 200 employees, and selling the business for $120M in 2005. Wayt has also been an investor in and advisor to web-based golf tee times marketer Last Minute Tee Times from its inception in 1998 through its sale for $18M in August 2008 to Comcast.
- Georgia Tech Academy of Distinguished Engineering Alumni, Co-Chair of 2006 25th Reunion Committee
- Advisor to, mentor to, and investor in several Atlanta web services entrepreneurs