Bryan D. Pollard
T: (214) 984-7153
- Commercial Litigation
- Employee Benefits & Executive Compensation
- Environmental, Health & Safety
- General Civil Litigation
- Litigation & Risk Management
- Political Law & Litigation
- U.S. Dist. Ct. Northern Dist. of Texas
- U.S. Dist. Ct. Southern Dist. of Texas
- U.S. Dist. Ct. Eastern Dist. of Texas
- U.S. Dist. Ct. Western Dist. of Texas
- University of Texas School of Law, J.D., 1995
- Hardin-Simmons University, B.A., English, 1993
Large Law Firm Experience:
- Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman & Dicker, LLP
- Brown McCarroll, LLP (now Husch Blackwell LLP)
Mr. Pollard approaches litigation and trial like a special-forces sniper, pinpointing the most rapid routes to victory, surprising opponents with unique and alternative tactics, and focusing on core issues to defeat the opponent through specialized attacks or to resolve the dispute rapidly. Throughout his career, clients have relied upon Mr. Pollard to prosecute or protect them from high-exposure lawsuits through efficient, but aggressive, litigation and trial practice.
Recognizing that no two lawsuits are alike, Bryan quickly discerns the law and unique facts governing each individual case to develop pre-trial tactics and prepare a focused blueprint for a sound strategic posture at trial. He also conducts a thorough analysis of the applicable law and industry standards at the outset of each case to develop unique arguments and identify any defenses or arguments that could be leveraged to bring about a favorable outcome.
Mr. Pollard practice focuses on business and commercial litigation, real estate litigation, ERISA, healthcare litigation, products liability, professional liability (architects, engineers and attorneys), insurance coverage and litigation, risk management, environmental law and litigation, construction law and litigation, waste management law and litigation, and trucking law and litigation.
After law school, Bryan joined the U.S. Navy Judge Advocate General’s (JAG) Corps and served for four years as a staff judge advocate and trial defense counsel. His JAG training taught him how to be an effective advocate and confidently project to a jury, skills that he has continued to draw upon and refine in his private legal practice.
Honors & Awards
- George Haze Cobb Trial Advocacy Award (2013)
- George Haze Cobb Trial Advocacy Award (2011)
- Texas Super Lawyers, Texas Rising Star (2011)
- Defense Counsel Honor Roll, Medmarc Insurance Company (2009)
Presentations & Teaching Experience
- Jury Selection and Trial Tactics, January 15, 2014, Sedgwick CMS, Irving, TX (2014)
- Use of Social Media, November 12, 2013, Sedgwick CMS, Irving, TX (2013)
- “Innocent Seller” Immunity and Indemnification Statutes: Survey, CLM 2013 Products Liability Committee Mini-Conference, Dallas, TX (2013)
- Comparative and Contributory Negligence, AmTrust Group, Dallas, TX (2012)
- Surveillance and Investigation, CNA Insurance Webinar, National (2012)
- Emergency Medicine Liability, CNA Insurance Webinar, National (2012)
- Texas Recreational Claims: Packing the Right Gear, Markel Insurance, Richmond, VA (2009)
- Utilizing Paralegals – The Attorney’s Perspective, State Bar of Texas, Paralegal Division, CLE Course, Dallas, TX (2008)
- Payment and Mechanic’s Lien Issues, Managing Construction Projects Seminar, Fort Worth, TX (2007)
- The Construction Contract, Managing Construction Projects Seminar, Fort Worth, TX (2007)
- Impact of Mechanics Liens on Real Property, Rattikan Title, Texas Title Insurance Law Seminar, Fort Worth, TX (2007).
- Impact of Mechanics Liens on Real Property, Texas Title Insurance Law Seminar, Arlington, TX (2006)
- Ethical Issues Involving Contracts, Texas Contract Law for Professional Engineers Seminar, Arlington, TX (2006)
- Introduction to Contract Law, Texas Contract Law for Professional Engineers Seminar, Arlington, TX (2006)